Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

building up a forum

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by dragon, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feKIX United Kingdom

feKIX Active Member

How much of your time does running a forum take?

I understand there will be more to do in the beginnning and Patrick said in one of itrends links that by the end of it he was logging in once a week, but for the first few months how long should someone allow for the management of the forum (vbulletin)?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

I'm building up a forum at the moment, maintenance, etc doesnt take long at all. What takes time is marketing it really, once it starts getting lots more posts then it'll probably change and i'll have to start looking out for spam posts and the like.. and appoint mods and stuff!

HTH!
    Dragon

4. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

Does anyone make any decent money on a forum? I've always found them lots of work/hassle for little or no return.

5. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

You have to find a real niche. Much like Acorn has here. Otherwise, don't bother. Incredibly hard to make any money. Been there and done it for many years. Made some little money by selling the forum (i.e. traffic) but it's a very hard market to monetise. You really have to invest in vB and vBSEO to start.

VERY hard work.

Try the eBay thing at mony-tree.com - my brother-in-law is doing fabulously at that but being very careful about eBay TOS which you should study carefully.

BOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.