Domain Manage

Business directory script

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by bb99, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

Good Morning

I'm after a directory style script for one of my domains. I'm going to Google it and look on Hotscripts but I thought I'd ask here first as someone may already know something perfect for the job...

I want to build a directory of local businesses - all within the same industry and all in the UK. I want the business to be able to create/manage their own listing and for website visitors to be able to search by area (say county or town/city).

Has anybody used a script to do this (either free or paid) and if so what did you use and was it any good?

Ta

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

www.phpmydirectory.com looks pretty good and also allows for various paid options etc. Havent used it myself but probably will do in the future.

Grant

4. stevie

stevie Active Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  5. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions - will have a look at those two.

Stevie, the script has a demo site so I'll have a look at that without violating your privacy :)

6. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

Its ok, not the best paid for script ive come accross though, its heavily geared towards membership signup / users setting up their own content which for this perpose is great (and this seems to be exactly what you want it for) but if you want to populate a database yourself as admin I found i can be quite cumbersome.

The developer returned all of my emails in quick time though so there is available support :)

I use it for 'shopwith' if you want to take a look... :)

$99 for a single domain with support.

Rich :cool:

7. rsteven

rsteven Active Member

phpmydirectory

Hi,

I used this for a music teacher directory and found the script to be excellent and the support forums are brilliant.

It is a little cumbersome and time consuming to customise but once done it is excellent and very good for seo.

There are lots of template companies popping up for it so getting a template may be easier than when I used it.

I would go with it again given the same requirement :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.