Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

buymycar.com review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just started www.buymycar.com and put it live. Would love any feedback on it. Also, if you happen to be selling a car soon, please use the code ACORNFREE so you can see how it works.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Nice to see a new project!

Love the design, few things I would consider though...

1. The social media icons are hyperlinks but the text isn't and I immediately scrolled over that instead. Perhaps make both hyperlinks to increase clicks.

2. If you're doing a soft launch you might want to consider a free offer with count down to populate your database.

3. Relating to point 2, as you're a new site you might want something that says "XXXX happy customers and counting" linking to how many cars are listed.

4. The arrows explaining how the process works is simple but you may want to number them so people following it easier. Even make it stand out more.

5. On pages like "How it works", once I've read to the end and want to list my car I need to redirect myself back to the homepage. Stick a big button "Get listed now" that takes me there, it might increase conversion rates.

6. To inspire trust you may want to link out to review sites. I did this with one site and noticed it definately helps gain trust. People want to see what others say away from what you have control over.

7. The guarantee is good but not bold enough. Smash it in their faces that this is an unbelievable offer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Khalid

Appreciate the points and ive sent them off to be done. All valid and good ones!

Speak soon and thanks for looking!

Rob

The pics(arrows) add your car, bid, and pound sign for me I just feel like there meant to be click on ditto Latest Listed Car then go to appropriate page

Going left to right navigation menu at top "why" "How" "about us" "FAQ" maybe they.d be better on the right hand side so "List" "Sell" "Value" are more prominent, People tend to read left to right do you want them to first know about you or list with you ? Rather than "we guarantee that should you not receive a bid within 14 days of listing your car, we will refund your listing fee within 30 days." People being what they are may list them to high to start no incentive for them to be competative so you could end up with all sellers but no buyers? lot of work no reward.

What about offering another thirty days free then 30 more if they drop the price down etc After you’ve got there money never like the idea of giving it back :) as people don't tend to remember they got the money back just you did'nt sell it,

There needs to be a hook for both buyers and sellers Maybe buy a car on here and get a half price listing to sell your old one or voucher they can give to a friend etc Nice and clean site though hope you do well :)

Last edited:
how much time, effort and money went into this project !!! and it shows...time to order that Bentley :p

I quite like the design. However, the bold "Over 3,500 people like us make it one more" distracted me fromt he overall message your site is trying to get across - consider using addthis buttons at the site of your site so they don't clutter up the main design.

I would also say that the login/register could be made way smaller - focus your attention on what you want the site to get across. Providing these buttons are at the top and visible, then people will use them if they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom