Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Can people post domain names in the titles please

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ratboy, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

In sales posts.... Makes sense doesn't it? Or is it me getting grumpy?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. golddiggerguy United Kingdom

golddiggerguy Well-Known Member

Not guilty on that part but............... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
  4. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

No it f**king annoys me to hell :mad: :mad:

I put a title the other day under offers it read funnynames.co.uk
    As soon as i realised it was misleading i edited my post and apoligised in my post.

I seen footballfixtures.co.uk today and thought hey let's take a look just to find Liverpoolfixtures.co.uk etc :(

Yes it's very annoying, what gets me though is you maybe selling several names and you put 1 as the title, would be nice if you could have a description box at the side so you can say for example :

Your selling kitchenkettles.co.uk, kitchentoasters.co.uk, kitchencookers.co.uk etc

You put kitchencookers.co.uk in the title and in the description box next to it you put kitchen names as a description title, if you know what i'm getting at ?

5. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

It is within our sales rules:

Some people are being a little sly though and putting a title similar to their domain in the title... I will be watching out for this. As per usual though, any thread that doesnt have the domain in the title is removed without warning, I do try and give an initial warning to new members (there will always be some that slip through the net though)...

Rich :cool:

6. mat

mat Well-Known Member

It is annoying when you see a really nice keyworded domain name as the title, only to open it and find a list of "related" poor quality domains :mad:

7. rob

rob Founding Member

this with bells on

8. domainking

domainking Active Member

9. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It is in the rules that at least one of the names posted has to be in the title.

Will try to mod this rule a bit stronger

Admin

10. dtm

dtm Active Member

Even though this rule makes sense, I think people are reluctant since
    a) Google will index sales which have been made from the title which cannot be edited after it's all done
    b) Sometimes when selling a long list of names, listing one in the title can be a pain if you get end user offers in the mean time on that one, you can't really remove that name from the list etc.

Anyway, I will try and post names in the titles all of the time, I think there has been a few times I may have not.

One tip, I simply hover over the title in a the forum and the tooltip that appears (At least in Firefox) makes it very clear what been listed in the first post.

Cheers
    Dave

11. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I introduced a feature so that you dont have to put the full URL, select the extension type from the drop down, and then put the correct domain name without the TLD, this way you can see the name but it's not indexed by Google

12. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

The most annoying for me is the "fake" domain in the title i.e. a domain is referenced that isn't the one actually for sale (it's always MUCH better than the one being sold). That's actually worse than no domain at all, because it creates a false hope that something good's about to be sold off...

13. SF

SF Well-Known Member

yeah also when i view rss its great being able to see name in title so i can look or not look,

14. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

I'm hearing you Edwin!

Don't know if I've only just started to notice it, but there seems to be an increasing number of new members who think they can be economical with the truth either in titles, description of what's for sale, new offer by PM, etc., as if we were all born yesterday.

Fortunately, Acorn is full of cynical b*****ds so not the cleverest move on their part!

15. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Good, looks like i'm not the new Victor Meldrew then!

Yes, fake titles...................................................... gurrrrrr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.