Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Can You See This Light Grey Background On Your Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the site price tapestry? If so maybe be worth going over to look at the latest version as believe there's a new responsive layout available for trial. I'm haven used it but I'm guessing this will be much easier to style.

No, although I have used Price Tapestry to provide results on some of the pages, although I may remove it from them. I can't remember which pages I used it on LOL.

I'm going to be honest, I'm trying not to be cruel but kind..

Lowprices is a right off, it's never going to work, you've put years into it and you're at a worse place now than if you started off fresh with a new site

Try and learn from your mistakes you've made with lowprices (+all other sites you have that are practically the same thing)

Work on something you know about and can flesh out the content and be original..

Posting "Hey everyone Debenhams sell coats, why don't you have a look and buy one *affiliate link*" - that adds nothing and is pointless for you to write and for anyone to read.

On a positive note, I actually semi-enjoyed some of your original blog reviews on £1 iceland food, I think they have a novel charm, especially because you give everything 5 stars lol I think you could go viral with that as it's quite amusing

I don't not think you could have success, it's just not going to be with anything like lowprices.

I'm going to be honest, I'm trying not to be cruel but kind..

Lowprices is a right off, it's never going to work, you've put years into it and you're at a worse place now than if you started off fresh with a new site

Try and learn from your mistakes you've made with lowprices (+all other sites you have that are practically the same thing)

Work on something you know about and can flesh out the content and be original..

Posting "Hey everyone Debenhams sell coats, why don't you have a look and buy one *affiliate link*" - that adds nothing and is pointless for you to write and for anyone to read.

On a positive note, I actually semi-enjoyed some of your original blog reviews on £1 iceland food, I think they have a novel charm, especially because you give everything 5 stars lol I think you could go viral with that as it's quite amusing

I don't not think you could have success, it's just not going to be with anything like lowprices.

I'm not sure I should admit this publically, but I do agree with a lot of what you are saying, especially that I am not adding value. However, the site is built now, and the longtail pages do make some sales, so I was thinking of giving them a quick boost whilst focusing on something else.

I think if I was to make lowprices more successful, the site itself would need to be tightened up to become more "useful", and then some personality injected via video marketing.

One way I was hoping to make the site "useful" is by doing "product focus" pages that bring together all relevant retailers for a slightly niche product, and then Tweet out these pages, for example:

https://twitter.com/lowpricesuk/status/574916457022226434

I think these "product focus" pages do add value and are helpful, what do you guys think?

Chris, if Lowprices.co.uk was a house it would be this:

ruined-rural-farm-house-and-storm-clouds--utah-gary-whitton.jpg

And you'd be asking whether you should get normal light switches or dimmers.

Move on or start again just don't keep plugging away at it!

Great post scottmcloud. If that doesn't make him see sense nothing will!

http://www.lowprices.co.uk/blog/?p=2853

I actually think I agree with Murray about something. These Iceland blogs do have the potential to go viral! :)

They're good aren't they

I also enjoy the seamless way he includes his affiliate stuff in there

If you can’t enjoy frozen delights like this because your freezer needs replacing, then our home appliances page gives you the best shops for finding a new one

http://www.lowprices.co.uk/blog/?p=2919

It's a masterclass lol.

If I was prepared to put myself in videos, I feel I could make my site much more successful. I would actually quite enjoy doing it. However, I'm not that keen on being a "public figure". I've thought about wearing a hat and sunglasses, but I'm not sure that would look right. I have watched a lot of video bloggers become very successful.

The thing is, if I gave my site some personality I'm sure it would do a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom