Domain Manage

Can you sue

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by chippyb, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

Could I sue a link building company if they completey ruined all my rankings and refuse to at least give me a refund for killing every single ranking i had and not improving like they all offer.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. D600

D600 Active Member

Perhaps you can if they made promises or guarantees which were not met however so you would sue them for not providing what they offered.

If they didn't promise increases that were guaranteed then I wouldn't bother

4. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Ultimately, that's the problem with ALL the 'seo' companies - normally india/far east based - who say they'll get you up the rankings by link building.

What they really do is go on a mass comment spamming spree on any and every site they have on their db that allows comments with some inane 'we love your blog, have bookmarked it. visit our site xyz.com' comment, that at best gets zapped by the blog owner (ME!) and at worst results in an indexed link from a non-authority site that when google tots up new inbund links per timeframe results in your site being penalised for spam link-building.

These companies have got away with it for quite a while. Panda/penguin certainly have targetted this link building method... quite rightly to.

So, really, caveat emptor...

5. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

We they did say on the website ranking improvements guaranteed, which when you have about 10 top ten keywords in google and about 15 other keywords ranking and they all fall out of the top 100 so you are left with a site that is now worthless I would say that is very bad going.

you say they have no control but they have some, if they do bad things like that have ie blackhat im guessing they know that is going to ruin someones site

btw it is a UK company as well

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  6. getmein United Kingdom

getmein Active Member Exclusive Member

If the links are under their control, I'd ask them to remove everything they have done and then see where you stand.

7. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

I have received threats of being sued if I didn't remove links from DomainPrices.co.uk

Try it, they don't know if you will follow though or not.

Some sample wording:

Admin

8. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

I think you'd need to go back to the T&Cs and/or contract that you agreed with them, that way you can compare what they actually did VS what they said they were going to do.

9. peter_w United Kingdom

peter_w Active Member

Good luck convincing a court it was the SEO companies fault that your rankings tanked.

10. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Are they an Acorn member too?

11. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

Not that im aware of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.