Domain Manage

Catching domain name in limbo

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by Ironeagle, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironeagle

Ironeagle Member

I have been chasing a particular tld domain name for a while now, it was registered in the late 90's and expires in late 08, registrar is network solutions. The domain has been dormant for years staying on hosting splash page, I tried to contact registrant by all methods on whois and they did not appear to exist, I enlisted help from brokerage company with no success. I then moaned to ICANN about inaccurate whois info and after about six months the status of the domain went to registrar-hold status, so for the past six months the domain name resolves to an error page. The whois info is still inaccurate so I am still moaning to ICANN, the domain is dead. Is the only solution to wait it out until 08 as the original registrant must have paid for a ten year registration? or is there another way.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. domaingenius

domaingenius Well-Known Member

I have discovered that ICANN rules mean nothing and all the registrars ignore them as and when they wish to so in short,I would wait until it drops unless you can persuade the owner. PM me the name of you like and I will advise privately
    DG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.