Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Catching lee.me.uk

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by LEEnoble, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

I would have thought that some of your posts will have offended a few people and will have put people off posting on this site again.

So yes i would say that firestars comment is correct.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

sorry i disagree. anyway im not discussing this now..

4. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

To be honest, you probably don't want the domain name now as its been the subject of so much controversy. I don't think you could ever live it down! :mrgreen: To think so many people are devoting so much time to a ME.UK :p :p

What personally amuses me is I remember laskos when he'd just started out over on the old board. How times change...

5. netserve

netserve Active Member

My understanding of whats been said is that you're saying it was most/all the members of the board against you so is the comment above aimed at all of the members or just selected ones?

6. Rich United Kingdom

Rich Active Member

Seems to me a lot of people seem to have conveniently forgotten that Laskos didn’t catch the name, I did (along with donna.me.uk, george.me.uk and billy.me.uk)

It was deleted/ reregged to Laskos as he wanted to buy it for a friend and had been trying to catch it himself.

All this happened before the 'Lee' thread kicked off so there is no conspiracy to defraud Lee Noble or any deliberate attempt to stop him having the name and I believe the name calling started after Lee deliberately created a NameDrive account and added lee.me.uk to it (and has since been banned by ND for this)

7. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

I'm not complaining about who owns the domain name, frankly i could'nt care.

I think the namedrive thing was a little joke by LeeNoble and i doubt he's been banned by them.

Laskos language and attacking of members was however out of order.

8. Paullas

no no not at all 97% of members of acorn are honest guys/gals who i respect. the other 3% know who they are that dont like me, which is there decision.

9. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the joke.... There were 3 balloons, Mummy baloon, daddy balloon and baby balloon. pssssst. :)

10. LEEnoble

LEEnoble Active Member

Hehe, I've not even been back on NameDrive since. Not something I would use anyway. :D

11. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Look at me.

The fact that you caught it or not is not what is being discussed. Its the frantic cover up by Laskos, the lack of lee.me.uk website to date and the nature of a moderators posts on the board.

That and Admins silence on the matter.

12. Rich United Kingdom

Rich Active Member

which was the whole point of my post as the accusations are that Laskos registered the name to get one over Lee and as there is not a website up and running 3 days after registering it then he is lying about the fact it is for a friend.

13. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Only time will tell. Although if www.lee.me.uk has a birthday theme then I may well piss myself.

14. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

He did post on the original thread it was for sale for £1500. Surely that proves he's intentions and was the whole reason why the thread went the way it did.

15. Rich United Kingdom

Rich Active Member

I bet you think J2 and Rob were genuinely offering £780 and £781 for it also.

16. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I've been travelling this week and missing all the fun, my silence isn't an Admin / mod conspiracy, I pull all threads that have bad language and one member dissing another....I posted that I pulled the thread so I dont know why anyone is asking where it went...anyway, can we get back to some constructive conversation about domains?

17. retired member 1

retired member 1 Retired Member

Oh yeah, deadly serious :p :rolleyes:

18. retired_member27

retired_member27 Retired Member

I'm all for a healthy argument as it makes threads interesting but to pm an insult to somebody, that's going too far.

19. FC Domains

FC Domains Well-Known Member

Constructive?

Selling domains is getting a reputation worse than selling time shares and this forum isn't helping. Almost all the posts seem concerned with what's the latest money making scam. We look like a bunch of shysters.

How about just trading in domain names, rather that trying to hype rubbish.
    It's a very sad sight, watching people trying to polish shit and spit at eachother.

Laskos seemed to know exactly what he was doing and it just about hit rock bottom.

20. Paullas

as i said it was for a friend....

21. LEEnoble

LEEnoble Active Member

Ohh it's dropped again and 'www.confused.me.uk' regged it up! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.