Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

classiccarinsurance.org

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by PositiveMedia, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PositiveMedia

PositiveMedia Active Member

wondering what money this site would fetch?

2nd on google.co.uk for its keyword 'classic car insurance' with a load of longtail too.

Gets about 235 daily average uniques.

The site is currently making mid £x,xxx per month.

What sort of price would this be valued at if i were to sell it?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I would go to DomainSherpa.com and listen to the Thomas Smale interview where he talks about flipping and selling sites.

Rgds

4. PositiveMedia

thanks, i will do.

5. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Uk Government’s plan to exempt all vehicles of historic interest (vehicles manufactured prior to 1 January 1960) in Great Britain (GB) from statutory MOT test could see a nice surge in interest might push it as a selling point... I’d try for multiples of earnings Price is tricky the extension doesn’t do it any favors and a lot of companies are about the brand try a tie ins with lots of classic car forums etc if you can get enough publicity on there sites the insurance companies will come a sniffing

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  6. JMOT

JMOT Active Member

post penguin etc nobody will buy a domain with earnings reliant on SEO now for very much at all if they have a brain. If its earning mid 4 figs a month then enjoy it, bank it but forget about selling for much more than about 6 months revenue imho.

7. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

I think it would do well, it ranks one page 1 or 2 or quite a lot of keywords for Google US as well as UK. Gives it a lot of flexibility for a buyer who might want to expand it internationally or re-purpose the name for a US market. Lots of potential there too from people trying to buy classic cars too looking at the rankings, so might be a nice extra for someone who has a complementary car site/business looking for an insurance sideline.

8. philiporchard United Kingdom

philiporchard Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great return for the amount of traffic - just goes to show that if you have the right site on the right domain - even with 230 daily uniques you can make some decent money - nice one!!

9. PositiveMedia

thanks for all the comments guys, but still no value ideas on this? apart from 6 x monthly income.

Surely more like x 12 months, x 18 months, x 24 months? etc

10. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

As other have said keep it ? atm with g changes etc why risk more than a few months revenue on buying a site that could disappear the next g change? If you think you can find one go for 24 mts worth a performance provision of say of six, twelve, eighteen mths whatever price adjustment up or down might encourage them to be little more adventures

11. david644

david644 Member

With that income I would price it up to £100K, but there obviously aren't many with that to spend. Though, I would mod the price down significantly if it is built on crappy links.

If you really wanted to sell it, I think you'd want to offload it to one of the major insurance sites. I know one of them paid 10k / m to be on page 1 for van insurance alone, and they can no longer compete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.