Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

closethispartoftheforumdownitsdead.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by retired_member6, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Any appraisals on the above domain?

I think it says what it means on the tin.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

I don't think many peope read this section anymore - it seems to have been taken over by people posting sh*te domains in the hope that someone tells them it's worth a million quid.

Grant

4. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Well who gives a **** then, I wont bother anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2007
  5. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

Calm it mate, that wasn't a stab at your own domains, rather the influx of newcomers posting tosh.

Grant

6. SF

SF Well-Known Member

I think this is about the best name LeeOwen has in his portfolio :)

7. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Please dont swear in your posts or I will delete them

8. paul

paul Well-Known Member

I don't read this section much now, which is a shame because if it worked better it would be one of the best parts of the forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it hard to value names.

If only we could have a way of rating names anonymously with senior members having the greater weight to their votes.

9. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Sorry, aint been myself lately, I think I've been ill, hard to tell now I'm not obese, I slogged out 80+ hours of watching domains and working last week, had its effects I think. Just slept all day again.

10. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

Lee you managed to grab a few that I was going for too :(

As I'm a newbie here and have been posting many domains recently, is this directed at me?

Whether it is or isn't it's pretty rude to say that about anyone. As newbies we are just trying to get in the game, everyone started with a few crap names. That's why most of us are here...to learn.

If they are crap names, tell the person looking for an appraisal that they are crap, and why. I like that there is a UK domain forum but the appraisal forum is useless here, no effort by people. More constructive criticism elsewhere :eek:

Insulting newbies isn't a nice thing and you should be ashamed... you need a whooping from woopwoop :rolleyes:

BTW are my domains that bad?:

report.org.uk
    staffing.org.uk
    derivative.org.uk
    moral.org.uk
    embezzle.co.uk

surely they are worth millions?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  11. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I was simply explaining why I thought the appraisal section has died over the past few months!

Grant

12. aquanuke

aquanuke Well-Known Member

Everyone takes comments all too personal. Thats why I (and I suspect everyone else) does not bother commenting on appraisals.

Personally I don't see why anyones interested in an appraisal, its just someone else's thoughts and bears no value up or down. Lots of crappy names sell every week and many more good names never sell.

If you want to see crappy names just look at what I reg each day.. yep and I sell a few crappy ones too ;)

13. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I only have a few people to call on for valuations but they're usually more than accomodating and I thank them for that, one never really likes the domains I get enquiries on, another would hold on to domains until getting over £1k and another says I sell at the right price.

For instance, last week I did the sums below. Now some of you may have them off me at that price maybe not, or you'd have said they're worth three times as much and hold off or snap their hands off.

£120
    £130
    £50
    £200
    £300
    £300
    £0
    £250

and I still have £600 on the table.

I sold some great 'even better developed' domains last week, and cheaply in my view but at amounts I was happy with at the time. Appraisals do help, but better from my peers and free than paying through the nose to sedo and a paper valuation not being worth anything at the end.

14. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

Yep I agree.

The appraisals that I received for my .com's on other sites have been very helpful. Once it made me push my asking price up and I got more for a domain when I sold it...

Also I think that for me, I probably need to stop buying .org.uk's but I like the few I have. If people tell me they're crap and stop wasting my money, I'd probably stop buying them, but noones told me that - so I keep buying :???:

I think the other thing about an active, appraisal forum, is that you learn a lot about people from how they appraise - even if they aren't appraising your domains.

You learn if they are often appraising a domain at the same value you would, if you see someone as more experienced in the game then you might change the way you look at things.

Also as I noob, I see that there are areas of this forum that are dead. It's a shame. If people take time to post an appraisal request then why not answer. Otherwise people will stop visiting and the whole forum will lose out not just the appraisal forum.

I spend far too much time on the web and in forums anyway so this might not be such a bad thing for you to keep ignoring my appraisal threads :( :( :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.