Domain Manage

CloudSolution.co.uk.....Appraisals please

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by gilescoley, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gilescoley Australia

gilescoley Member

Hi all

Please can I have some appraisals on this name

CloudSolution.co.uk

Thanks all

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Sure. This is a nice name. Enterprise cloud is a rapidly growing area, and this name is very nice for use by a cloud consultancy firm to sell their services. This name is nice because "cloud solution" conveys good meaning, saying the switch to cloud can solve all their IT problems. It therefore works well for marketing.

I hope that helps. :cool:

4. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Well-Known Member

I disagree..

Cloud Solution is singular, how can you possibly offer a single cloud solution that will fit most businesses.

I work with a company that uses CloudSolutions.co.uk which works very well - CloudSolution.co.uk doesn't.

5. accelerator United Kingdom

OK. However, I think it works fine in the singular. You are providing a single solution to a company.

6. UncleBob United Kingdom

UncleBob Active Member

if i wanted to move to a could based system, i would be looking for "a cloud solution" not "cloud solutions", so the name isn't a write off.

i would have thought solution & solutions both work fine in this case, though.

7. PoshTiger United Kingdom

OK - well going from my memory, CloudSolutions.co.uk and CloudOffice.co.uk were both snapped up here very quickly for around £1k - I know because I was gutted I missed out on that.

CloudSolutions.co.uk was sold on for multiple thousands after that, I doubt cloudsolution.co.uk would even reach mid xxx

8. accelerator United Kingdom

A very long way from a write-off in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  9. gilescoley Australia

gilescoley Member

Thanks a lot for the comments, I have had quite a bit of interest in this lately so thats why Im asking

I have been investing in cloud names since 2007 and have sold quite a few including 2 cloud names last year for $32k (.de extension)

I also sold CloudCo.com, CloudLand.com, CloudPros.com and CloudGuru.com for around $8k each so Im pretty familiar with the cloud market, but mainly in .COM and .DE

I though I would ask about .co.uk because I haven't sold any cloud names in this extension. I see the plural is developed and will approach them as some stage, but from past experiences, new start-ups with lots of investors and funding are a better way to get top for cloud names. I have also found singular words do a lot better with tech niches, so Pro, Server, Solution, Guru, Expert etc do better than Pros, Experts, Servers, Solutions etc

Appreciate the comments again, thanks

10. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Piggybacking this one then, what about cloudcompany.co.uk ??

11. accelerator United Kingdom

It's nice but nowhere near as good as cloudsolution.co.uk. It's a bit generic to have good impact.

12. PoshTiger United Kingdom

Well I think you're all bonkers if I'm honest, far too - I work in the industry, run a company called Cloudworks (thanks Darren) I know the cloudsolutions guys very well.

You might find some nutter that will pay £1000 for it, but I doubt it - and since .uk domains go for around 10% of their equivalent .com - I put this at a £200 domain tops.

The .coms you sold are all better than this domain and would work very well as a brandable business domain (apart from maybe cloudguru), but cloudsolution - nah...

13. gilescoley Australia

gilescoley Member

I like CloudWorks a lot, "Works" is a very popular term, especially in tech niches..I tried to buy the .com of that names ages ago but they didnt want to sell

Im also in the cloud, sys admin, network admin industry so it certainly helps with picking names relating to the industry

The word "Solution" is lot of better than Pros, Guru or Land in the cloud industry and I get a lot more interest in this one than I ever did in the others i sold...the only reason they sold is that I owned them for a lot longer and I was also prepared to sell them for cheaper, I wont let this one go cheaply

I also have CloudSolution.com so I was hoping to sell them as a package

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.