Domain Manage roomstorent

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by bensd, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Jan 2007
    Would like some opinions on my latest purchase.

'rooms to rent' gets 22,200 exacts

It also gets 135,000 phrase matches for things like 'rooms to rent ______' and 'rooms to rent in '______' so will be great for long tail keywords

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Mar 2007
    Decent domain but not sure how to monetise other than G ads, I don't imagine Spareroom etc would pay too much if they have an aff programme ?

Undev'd and aiming at end user I would say £1000
  4. markb United Kingdom

markb Active Member

Jul 2009
    I think its a really good domain to develop in to a website where people can advertise their rooms to rent. I would definately build a website around this domain if I where you, as it could have good potential if you create a decent site and market it well.

Regarding value of just the domain, i have no idea, probably not worth that much unless you happen to find the right buyer. I would go via the development rout if I where you and not try to sell it on for a low amount.
  5. AuthorityDomain United States

AuthorityDomain Active Member

Feb 2011
    Nice domain Ben, Yes I think I would develop into a classifieds site. offer free listing then place some ads. Try and rank for the main term plus the regional terms like rooms to rent london etc. Then you can have a mixture of either google ads or sponsored ads. I'm sure plenty of letting agents will want to advertise and you'll have prime exposure

This has a load of other related keywords to build this into a nice traffic site.

My only concern would be how much you would need to spend to make it work.

Good luck with it mate

6. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Apr 2009
    I like it, can see that on a few thousand 'static placement boards', boxed ads, etc etc. Very memorable and a Nice pick-up
  7. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

Jun 2007
    I think this is a cracking name Ben ! It is a fab generic name which could also become a brand at the same time.

I would create a site which was 100% free to list "rooms to rent" and also 100% free to view the adverts - the only stipulation is they must register. You can then build up a huge targetted mailing database along the way. If you are going to develop it and make a real go of it yourself, it needs something credible and not like 99% of the other Wordpress blogs with shitty $45 themes you see on all the other names - a nice name deserves a nice site, and something done well.

I would monetise by subtle adsense only in the beginning, and then looking at other ways once the site has grown.

The only thing I think which will be hard to get initial awareness is the concept of the site - eg the domain name itself suggests it is people LOOKING FOR ROOMS TO RENT and not people looking to ADVERTISE THEIR ROOMS FOR RENT - you are trying to attract 2 totally different audiences and bring them together in one place. This will be the biggest obstacle in my opinion, but once you cracked that the rest is plain sailing.

Value ? domain name only, it has to be £3-5k reseller and a fair bit more for someone who can develop the name to it's full potential whilst being able to have some vision and willing to put the graft into making it a success.

Good luck whatever you decide to do, as it is a cracking name regardless.
  8. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Active Member

Jul 2010
    I like the name and think it would be a great one to develop but as others have said it would have to be done properly and would require a decent budget.

I also think there is huge scope for integrating this into facebook, twitter and making an iphone app. An app would make it easier to upload a room but also you could get an exact gps reference for streetview. (I hate on rightmove when the agent just enters part of the postcode and the streetview is half a mile down another road somewhere.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.