Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

CoachHire

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by websaway, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

Would appreciate some oppinions on potential value of CoachHire dot net

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. websaway United Kingdom

Any opinions would be most welcome.

4. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

Good sale potential, Don't think it's upto much for developing.
    I have busandcoachhire co.uk but never done anything with it apart from a minisite and never made much on that via adsense.

5. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

12,100 exact

i have problems ranking .net's i don't know it's just me but they are very stubborn.

i would probably put a directory on there and see what happens.

mark

6. websaway United Kingdom

thank's so far

Has anybody got any ideas regarding number of coach hire companies in the world ? I know it's a big ask but I don't have the figures.

7. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

Sorry missed the .net bit. I'm not a fan of that extension but then Im not interested in anything besides co uk and com.

8. websaway United Kingdom

No, nets ok, i've always done well with nets on google, bouncycastles.net was No 1 for a long time.

co.uk is offers over 5k on sedo and .com is not for sale.

9. retired_member32

saying that there only just over a million searches for "bouncy castles" i could get any extension to the top of google with very little effort if there was only that amount in front of me,try getting "coach hire" through all the traffic in google for that term.

that's why i don't mind an unpopular extension in niche markets because there are very little competition and a greater chance of success.

there might be offers over £5k for the co.uk on sedo but that is why it is sitting there and not sold.

mark

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  10. websaway United Kingdom

coach hire

Thanks Mark

I was looking for an overall opinion on the .net value, I have had a couple of fair offers, don't forget end users arn't only concerned in page rank, branding is a major factor and the .net is international. I've no doubt the co.uk is worth far in excess of 5k (I've known companies spend more than that on lunch) the prestige alone in the UK is enormous, look at the money spent on vehicle signage and 5k is a snip. Imagine in real world advertising just having to remember coachhire instead of rpcdobcoaches or whatever. If I were a coach company my major priority would be to own coach or coaches or coachhire or something with such prestige value.
    Incidently, it can take 10 years to sell a good domain, that doesn't necessarily mean it's got a low value, anyone can give things away for free.

Perspective:
    The futures bright you've just got to remain focused.

11. retired_member32

i'm not saying it hasn't got value because it has, a generic domain and for that it is highly sought after,with my experience and many on these boards don't rank .net's ,americans think better of them than brits and i have huffed and puffed and still couldn't rank them,but you are right if a company with deep pockets would come along they would be delighted with it and they could happily use the domain for branding too.

all the best with it whatever you decide to do with it

12. rush United Kingdom

rush Active Member

One primarily for the UK & Ireland market, I think the predominant terms in the USA are 'bus rental/s' and 'charter bus'.

The hyphen version is taken by a coach company, even the .me.uk hyphen seems to be taken by one, so I don't think all end users will be put off by the .net.

13. websaway United Kingdom

Thanks for your views which are interesting, I've been offered low £xxxx offers for CoachHire but it doesn't correspond to recent Net sales below.

SnowBoards.net $30,000
    Courier.net $25,000
    Cosmetics.net $25,000
    BarStools.net $23,225
    SkinCare.net $22,500
    HomeEquityLoans.net $15,250
    B2B.net $15,000
    SeniorLiving.net $15,000
    Marriages.net $12,600
    CarInsuranceQuote.net $10,000
    SnowShoes.net $8,100

14. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Domains names of goods tend have a higher demand than those selling services in the main?
    It is predominantly a UK word, Larger UK companies tend to go for brand recognition rather than generic terms, but they may use it as a portal to drive to there brand name but that would value it less,

Smaller companies have less of a need for global or even UK recognition in this instance as they tend to target localised areas? (You’re unlikely to hire a coach firm in Devon to take you from Edinburgh to Glasgow) Then you have the cost of changing stationary. adverts, livery, vehicles etc to incorporate new name that would scare many off? It’s a nice enough term but think it would only ever achevie the prices you state for the other domains if a National firm (end user) wants it.. How many national coach hire firms can you think of? I remeber seeing something about greyhound starting in the uk try them …? should achieve £x.xxx but doubt £xx.xxx

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  15. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

I like the name and think it is worth £x,xxx imo :)

16. websaway United Kingdom

thanks for that, offer so far is only £1250 but would look for minimum 2k plus

17. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I don't feel that's a bad offer, I wouldn't hold out for too much more because I don't see how the domain confers major competitive advantage for a given coach hire firm.

Rgds

18. websaway United Kingdom

Don't know if you've read this but I think it does give a competetive edge.

19. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

My opinion would be that there is a high bias towards local coach hire companies when you try and hire a coach, hence my opinion about competitive advantage on owning the generic domain - for a given coach hire company, it won't benefit them that much because most of their business is local not national, hence a cap on domain value. It is a nice domain, but I am talking about the economic benefit of owning the domain to a given company, which is critical.

This is just my opinion, I hope a good sale can prove me wrong.

Rgds

20. websaway United Kingdom

Yes, sorry, I see what you are saying, It really needs a national or international user rather than a small more local company. Your opinion is highly appreciated, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.