Domain Manage

.com Domain - Owner - Lost control

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by marky2, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marky2

marky2 Member

Hi guys,

My client is the owner and registered admin contact for a .com domain they own. My clients' web designer (nice person) transferred the domain from a 123-REG control panel to his own 123-REG. And has put in ridiculous invoices for work not even done, basically having us over a barrel - saying that unless we pay he will close the site and not release control. Not very nice.

The registration details/admin is still set to my clients details. (email/name/address). He hasn't changed this yet ....

The domain is locked so I can't transfer it to another registrar and would need to login into the designers 123-REG account to unlock to facilitate a transfer.

Is there any way, seeing as my client is the owner and has the correct registration details, that I can go to a higher tier e.g. SRS or TUCOWS? and request the domain IPS TAG is moved elsewhere?

I know you can do this for .co.uk domains through nominet providing you are the owner.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

M

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. neilrbowen

neilrbowen Member

If he moved it without the owners authorisation I would have thought 123 would sort it out for you?

Or at least I'd hope they would hold it until you prove ownership.

4. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

You might need to go to court asap to get an interim injuntion preventing them from transfering it to a new registra.

If they move it to one outside the country, then be prepared to put your hands very deeply into your pocket to get it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.