Domain Manage

Complainants domain appearing on respondents parked page.

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by foz, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foz

foz Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Need some help please.

I have a disputed domain displaying the complainants domain on the parked page itself. The lander optimises by lander search function, so the domain could have been put their by repeatedly searching for that term.

Are their any decisions (.uk or .com) which have been covered by this occurrence? Thank you.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, the oasis.co.uk case and appeal have some good stuff regarding the content of parked pages. Not an identical case but may provide some ammunition.

Grant

4. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

5. foz

foz Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Thanks Grant. In Oasis_co_uk the lander was displaying related keywords to the complainants business. Where as my lander is displaying the complainants web address exactly (no.1 spot). It receives very little traffic (~5 visits a month) so the optimisation system could be influenced deliberately.

6. James United Kingdom

James Active Member

I own oasis.co.uk. Actually the lander did display the complainant's own business, in the #1 spot too. The reason it was appearing was because they were found to be specifically targeting the keyword "oasis.co.uk" in their paid advertising, both on Google and on Yahoo.

To this day, oasis-stores.com includes the keywords oasis.co.uk and oasis.com in their metatags! (I used to own the .com too)

I would suggest checking out what ads appear in google for your exact match domain in quotes. Also check their metatags, and take screenshots if you spot anything dubious.

Of course this type of defence can only really be used if your domain is generic.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.