Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

concede.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by dbs, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbs

dbs Member

Hi,

Any estimates on the value of this name?

Thanks
    dbs

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. dbs

dbs Member

not sure how to value this one...opinions welcomed

Is there an average sale price resource for dictionary words over here?

thanks
    dbs

4. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

There isn't an "average price formula" that you can apply to dictionary words - some are desirable, some not so. Yours clearly falls into the latter. It might have some legs as a "board game" type name but, that really is clutching at straws.

If it was listed for an 'immediate' sale I doubt it would attract offers above low £xx. It's the sort of domain that I would be tempted to leave up at somewhere like Sedo for offers and forget about.

5. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

Can't see it selling personally, sorry.

6. dbs

dbs Member

I see your point and to understand this a little more .. would you agree the word "defiance" would fall in the same category like "concede" accept that it has more searches and just like 'concede" no active product to make it appealing to buyer.

And considering today's reported sale of defiance.com for $90,000 would I be correct in assuming the owner got lucky as an end user did materalise for it but otherwise the name falls in the same category as "concede".

(For the purpose of this discussion do ignore the fact that it is a .com, understand the value .com brings to the table but this discussion for now is more about the category the word "defiance" sits in)

Thanks again for your inputs

7. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

They are not in the same category, really. If you view the domain through a buyers eyes then 'defiance' is powerful where as 'concede' has a lot of negative connotations.

In that respect they have very little in common. - Defiance is defined as ' Open resistance; bold disobedience'. Concede means 'Admit that something is true or valid after first denying or resisting it.

As to price, put it this way. If you can afford to gamble £2.99 + vat each year its worth keeping, (you might get lucky) but you may wait for years and never find a buyer.

8. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

It's good that your switching on your analytical mind DBS The previous poster has pretty much summed up why the two "words" you've quoted are Poles apart. (literally and value)

I think most domainers would agree that $90K for the 'defiance' domain is a nice sale for the seller. domains are about maximising those opportunities to capture a sale of that magnitude - that wont happen with words that don't have the right connotations.

incidently I actually have the dictionary plural "connotations.couk" probably registered after a good few glasses of scotch and an extremly healthy bank balance at the time. I'd put it in the same ballpark as your "concede" domain next to zero. So looks like we are both hoping for a 'board game manufacturer" on these ones

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  9. dbs

dbs Member

Thanks RSK it makes perfect sense.
    Also like your strategy on product domains.

10. dbs

dbs Member

Thanks Bailey, again great advise.
    As for connotations.co.uk atleast you had a few good pegs before registering it while I was very much in my senses :roll:
    Cant imagine what I would register if I had a few.
    May be concede-connotations.co.uk , high value dictionary words, with an excellent hyphen to make it easier for users to read.:D

Ok back to the research.

11. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

I can't think of many uses for it. It might be best to try to brainstorm and actually use it yourself for a project.

12. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.