Domain Manage

Considering selling domain, need advice!

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by thadeas, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thadeas

thadeas Active Member

Hi

I am considering selling the domain under5quid its a .com which I use to host a site consisting of a couple pages and which essentially just links to items I sell on ebay and on the friday-ad. The domain was registered on 14th August 2011 and I haven't done any sort of seo or promotion but it ranks in position 7 on google and position 1 on bing for the search term under 5 quid. Its hosted on one.com and the statistics say it gets on average 105 hits a day (yes its pathetic). I also have the .co.uk and the abbreviated u5q in a .co.uk which just forward to the .com site.

Is it worth selling? and if so what sort of price?

Worth noting is the fact that I sign all the feedback ive left on ebay (around 600) with many thanks from under5quid.com so anyone reading that feedback will see the url, maybe that adds to the value?

I also could include the contact addresses and email addresses of all the buyers ive sold to so that might add some value if someone wanted to continue using it to sell items?

Many thanks

Thadeas.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

This is like a domain version of

Onomatopoeia.

Your domain exactly describes what it is and it's value.

• Like Like x 1
  4. seemly

seemly Active Member

Lol, genius. :D

5. thadeas

thadeas Active Member

So your saying the domain is worth less than 5 pounds?

As a domain for budget items in todays economy where people are buying more and more from shops like poundland and 99p stores i would have thought it was worth using but then again I don't know which is why I was asking. Worth noting that there is a website called everything 5 pounds and they seem to be doing ok.

6. retired_member36

retired_member36 Retired Member

It would have taken a lot of hardwork, publicity and time for that site to be doing as well as it is.

If your looking to add value to your domain, id develop a site and go from there.

7. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

I think you've hit the nail on the head, you could try to build a business with it but would anyone buy it for the privilege of doing so. It scores low on uniqueness, for instance lessthan5pounds.com is available to register. The more permutations the less value.

8. thadeas

thadeas Active Member

Yeah I understand that but I want to focus on something else so wont really have the time or be able to put in the effort to develop it so just thought it might be worth selling.

9. DaveLeeds United Kingdom

DaveLeeds Well-Known Member

On a more positive note :) it wouldn't really cost you anything to approach your e bay buyers as you've already said and explain that you have the domain for sale and perhaps your seller i.d to boot (although I don't know what e bay's regs are on this). You might find someone with the inspiration and enthusiasm that you once must have had for the name(s). Just don't expect anything outrageous for it. :)
    Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.