Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

crap domains

Discussion in 'General Board' started by woopwoop, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

I was half way through replying to an 'available domains so leave a donation if you take' post...

My response was gonna be 'no offence but those are ugly'

I stopped myself because on forums there seems to be rules about replying to threads where people are offering something like that for free (and every now and then there may be something half decent)

So instead of replying, I came here to rant... there are some really bad names out there that no one should be registering even if they are available...

--- end of rant ---
    :rolleyes:

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. retired_member27

retired_member27 Retired Member

Unfortunately it's the same in every other domain forum, nothing you can do about it, just ignore the posts like I do. There were a lot more quality domains for sale years ago but it just seems that the domains are getting worse by the day.

What's annoying for me is that the same old domains keep getting posted, you would have thought that after ten or so posts with no replys they would get the hint that no one want's them, I quess it's really hard for some people to just let domains expire and admit it was a bad purchase.

4. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I guess thats why they're available, still some are good, after all, we all used deleting, ahh memories...

5. woopwoop United States

that really was a great site, such a shame. I guess if I became a member and learnt some PHP I could make something similar... but maybe I'm dreaming again :)

6. developdomains United Kingdom

developdomains Well-Known Member

as mentioned before many times on this site, one mans crap etc..............

7. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Nominet made an issue of it and stopped deleting.co.uk doing it. I do it, but not publicly, and unlike Andrew, I don't do it for free. Nor do I provide a 'who got what' list even though it's very easily built from my droplists.

8. woopwoop United States

Yeah, I've heard that here before, but the rant above is about the names that are no man's treasure. They are just crap. The names that have hyphens and are some obvious trademark but with 2 words that seem unlikely that anyone would type in.

Yep, I'm a do it yourself kinda person (before I pay) I guess there are some things I can't do though ;)

9. GWing

GWing Retired Member

I've given up registering anymore, I think I did take one from admin's lists a few weeks back, but it was that good I can't even remember what it was now. lol,

I'm glad deleting has gone, it was costing me a fortune.:rolleyes:

but some of the ones I though were good haven't moved, and the ones I thought were garbish have sold.

It really really is, one mans crap situation

although on some threads it's beyond crap and into the realms of nuclear waste.

GW

10. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Active Member

There are still plenty of good names available, I would never understand why many people go for some crappy 3 word domains with dashes :confused:

11. eetc

eetc Active Member

woopwoop

I am assuming by your timing and the reference to the hyphenated domains that you were referring to my post. You'll note that I said in the title they had TM issues and I was asking for a donation to Admin if anyone took them. Turns out someone liked a couple and did make a donation to Admin. I don't think that warrants a rant :(. Self serving posts with really crap domains is rant-worthy in my opinion but this was not one of those.

Of course, you may not have been referring to my post in which case I look like an @rse now :)

eetc

• Like Like x 1
  12. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Active Member

Actually I haven't read that thread yet, was just a general comment reflecting my experience reading the domains for sale and appraisals around :)

Your domains there aren't that bad actually :cool:

~MG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.