Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Crap for sale

Discussion in 'General Board' started by retired_member16, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

As I cant highjack a sales thread I thought I would express my anger at the absolute shite that people are trying to flog on here over the past 2 weeks.

YOUR DOMAINS ARE CRAP! Asking for anything in double figures is laughable let alone in the hundreds.

Please stop posting shite.

--there, thats better.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. FC Domains

FC Domains Well-Known Member

And worse yet, the other shit-polishers all join in and congratulate each other on how wonderful the name is.
    Apart from the really sad ones that only have one identity, so have to keep bumping their own topics.

Any chance of some real moderation on this board? It's really not doing anything to lift the reputation of domain trading, which is already in the gutter.

4. rob

rob Founding Member

The old saying 'one persons crap' and all that does stand in domains as some people do buy :)

The other problem is people with good domains rarely want to sell.

However if you have good domains and wish to shift them on the cheap for quick cash please drop me a PM :)

5. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

The only good thing to come from this thread is that I know I'm higher up the food chain than others. :mrgreen:

6. dhscott

dhscott Active Member

This is the problem with major forums, it attracts crap. You just have to sift through it all to get the good sweet juice that lurks within... :twisted:

7. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

And find it will cost you your house.

8. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

We all have to start somewhere!
    Yes I have loads of shite in my portfolio and bet you did too when you started out.
    Unfortunately we all go out and start buying before researching, but like rob said, Ones man's shit is another mans treasure.

I can now tell the difference between good and reg fee domains but don't have the know how to catch them! If you'd like to donate a script I can improve the domains I list for sale! ;)

There, got that off my chest.

9. deconstruction United Kingdom

deconstruction Well-Known Member

i agree... everyone probably buys a few pap names.

but even if you shift your sh*t for £12.. its still double ya money.

i sold some names which i thought were totaly worthless (and i would have let drop) for £100+ each, be interesting to see what the buyer does with them ....

still there are people on this site who are selling fairly poor names for £750, then spend the next month dropping the price by £50 every few days... then repost a month later... drives me nuts.. :mrgreen:

owning a rubbish name is not a sin, trying to sell it for £500 is :) once you think a name has no value, sell for what you can as soon as you can and move on.. or leave to expire (always interesting when your crap drops get picked up... makes you second guess lol)

10. rob

rob Founding Member

Agreed - I think such bumping makes the name seem worse. As if there is a buyer a £50 change in price will not motivate them , and if you have reduced the price eleventy times it certainly wont.

It is good to see a range of people on one forum though , people who are buying names at £25k a pop and those selling for £100 a pop.

Everyone has to start somewhere in domains and the £6 > £12 sale is an enabler to buy two more items of 'stock' :)

11. FC Domains

FC Domains Well-Known Member

Deconstruction is correct.
    Anybody is welcome to put a domain up for sale at whatever price they want. The valuation is really a matter of opinion.
    Just don't keep on and on with the same pile-of-pants(.co.uk)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  12. yesterday United Kingdom

yesterday Active Member

I think it is a valid process to sell your crap domains and keep your good ones.

But I don't think this is the place to sell the crap - it is a savvy, intelligent board on the whole with many of the top buyers and sellers visiting it.

The continual bumping and relisting of crap completely changes the character of the board for the worse.

Go somewhere else.

yesterday

13. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

BUMP (its getting worse)

14. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

where ?..................

15. pendragon United Kingdom

pendragon Well-Known Member

Name and shame !!!!

16. domainking

domainking Active Member

One mans crap is another mans PPC :)
    I rememeber about 3 years ago i was about to drop a name i thought was crap(it was crap) i had let it expire and then recived a call from a person who wanted to know if was going to renew the name.

2 mins later the name was renewed and then sold it to the guy.
    like rob says one mans crap is another persons PPC

17. SF

SF Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is stop the seller bumping his own thread, that way the shite will easily slip away into darkness and the real gems will shine through.

18. rob

rob Founding Member

yeah to be fair bumping threads is a waste of time - mods ought to dole out some red squares or something if someone does.

19. Jeewhizz

Jeewhizz Well-Known Member

but then sean will never sell anything ;) :p

20. SF

SF Well-Known Member

You cheeky bar stwerd - :mrgreen:

21. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

ok, if all are in agreement only one sales thread per day, and strictly no bumping or thread gets removed then i think this could be feasable. What do you think admin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.