Domain Manage

Credit where credits due

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by Bailey, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Had two sales via Sedo escrow in the last week or two. _ I don't list with them.

And One really had the potential to piss me off - A sale concluded between myself and the buyer, who then (without notification) choose Sedo for Escrow. The other a Sedo Negotiator employed by the buyer

Result - Two good sales - concluded and updated regularly by Sedo reps.

The Sedo negotiated one, is apparently now with the arts council (my checking) -A good home
    Cheers guys

Bottom-line is that I haven't delt with Sedo for years and then like buses - two together - Still hate their whole interface though, after all these years it's hard to believe - it could be that "Crass" (only Germans could see functionality above encompassing appeal, even at the doorway)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

glad went well for you

i have one going through sedo now
    buyer negotiated with me via my sales site and chose escrow with sedo
    I was ok with it as currency in £ and didnt want to use escrow.com

it was either sedo or int. bacs

they initiated transaction today, I have yet to hear from sedo, with their 9-5 hours :roll:

how long did it take for you to get cash in your account Bailey?

4. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Hi Pred, Both took about a week from confirmed payment.

The pleasure was in seeing almost daily updates from the Sedo reps dealing with the transactions. - My last experience with them many years ago was in having to chase payment several weeks after a transfer had completed.

I remember the final Sedo message at the time was "Don't know what happend there" I remember my thoughts at the time we're "If you don't f***ing know - I don't want to know Sedo" Hadn't touched them since.

Over the years i've ignored all. "we have an offer - for your domain" _ I guess the bottom line is if you have an assigned and named Sedo rep in the loop then things seem to move quite smoothly

5. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

cheers Bailey

yes, I heard from sedo today to say ball rolling and they have sent out the payment request to buyer, I confirmed my details

it's a .com I'm selling, I take it both yours were dot coms too, knowing you? ;)

6. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Actually neither was - A .org and .net in this instance.

But I'm going to add a further gripe (It would be wrong to blame Sedo entirely)

Both sales made DNjournals report as SEDO sales. I've no problem with the one instigated through Sedo. But, come-on... , The sale made through an unlisted direct enquiry and negotiated entirely between myself and the buyer - who then choose Sedo for escrow services - reported as a Sedo sale.

I did expect to see Sedo claim this 'unrelated' sale - But come on guys by that reckoning Escrow.com must be the biggest domain sales platform in existence. And that's without them even holding a platform for domain selling.

Ron at DNjournal should ,given all his "kudos" take some responsibility for this.

I'm all for the awareness profile - but it shouldn't have this type of misreporting hanging over-it. (why not just include a "E" beside the reported sale to denote an escrow transaction)

I reckon it's probably time to guess the odds/ratio of a genuine Sedo reported Sale. Probably 50/50 as a guess.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  7. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

email Ron and sedo and he will correct it and give kudos to you or your sales site

also go to the transaction and make a comment to rep
    doesnt matter if completed, can still type comment and say you want all future purchases, sales and escrow NOT to be released/reported via their rss or to dnjournal etc

there is a setting in your account they can flick

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  8. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Cheers Pred, I will do.

I don't have a problem seeing my sales listed
    I'm just a little bit more suspect of Sedo. And I would actually like to be championing their corner.

I still may list with them oneday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.