Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dan.com Payment

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Sold a couple of names via dan.com in usd.

I was wandering what is the cheapest payment method?

if i choose paypal will i get hit with paypal conversions fees? am i better off with a bank transfer?

Cheers
Karl

Hi Karl
just looked at our Dan sales and haven't had any paypal fees or currency conversion fees. Just paid us the full amount by paypal in GBP. They obviously deduct their success fee (escrow fee) first.

Thanks Nigel, so even if domain sold in $ you get paid out via paypal in £ with no fees?

Hi Karl
just looked at our Dan sales and haven't had any paypal fees or currency conversion fees. Just paid us the full amount by paypal in GBP. They obviously deduct their success fee (escrow fee) first.

Thanks Nigel, so even if domain sold in $ you get paid out via paypal in £ with no fees?

not sure about that - all our domains are priced and sold in GBP - you'd probably have to ask Dan or maybe someone on here will know

For USD payments from Dan.com or anyone, I use Transferwise who will give you a USD account.

You can get euro and other currency accounts too.

Great way to receive money in other currencies.

Just emailed you my invite link ;)

Thanks Mate, think i already have a old account or i would of used your link. Signed up but never used it.

Do they charge a fee for receiving wire?

Cheers
Karl

For USD payments from Dan.com or anyone, I use Transferwise who will give you a USD account.

You can get euro and other currency accounts too.

Great way to receive money in other currencies.

Just emailed you my invite link ;)

Keep in mind that they have a max limit they will pay through PayPal.
Anything above $2k is best sent through bank transfer.
Dan.com said:
Unfortunately, we can't process transactions above $2k through PayPal without charging an extra fee of 4% (Which PayPal is charging us)

Payments sent in USD to your PayPal will be kept in that currency in your account and you will be hit by a significant commission when you try to convert it.

Transferwise is a very good solution, you can open an account in any currency and, most importantly, very low commission and very good exchange rates. Receiving is free (to the best of my knowledge).

Personally I would recommend setting your default currency to GBP in your Dan account and you don't have to worry about this anymore

Thanks Mate, think i already have a old account or i would of used your link. Signed up but never used it.

Do they charge a fee for receiving wire?

Cheers
Karl

Transferwise charge USD7.50 for receiving a USD transfer from outside the USA (and Dan.com send from Holland). It's free if the money comes from within the USA.

Like Webber, I do have GBP as my default currency, but have noticed Americans really do prefer everything to be priced in USD so I'm happy to accommodate them.

Transferwise charge USD7.50 for receiving a USD transfer from outside the USA (and Dan.com send from Holland). It's free if the money comes from within the USA.

Like Webber, I do have GBP as my default currency, but have noticed Americans really do prefer everything to be priced in USD so I'm happy to accommodate them.

You can always close a transaction in $ via DAN & get paid out in euro or £.
All you have to do is leave a message in transfer window once all is done & DAN will convert your payout.

thanks

DAN will convert your payout.
Useful to know. You might not get the best exchange rate, but it would be the easiest solution

I use EURO to get paid out & to be honest, I lose very little in exchange.
The best part is you get paid in no time as they are based in Europe as well.

Brill thanks mate, that is good to know. Do they make a markup or use the bank exchange rate?

You can always close a transaction in $ via DAN & get paid out in euro or £.
All you have to do is leave a message in transfer window once all is done & DAN will convert your payout.

thanks

They just make a markup @karlm.
EPIK escrow is another good option if the transaction amount is big & you want to be paid out in $ itself without any charge.
EPIK payout by ACH which is free to receive via transferwise :)

Hope this helps.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom