Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Did it sell?

Another fluff piece saying its for sale, but not that its sold. Hank (sp?) will be along soon to confirm :)

The reason this domain is so in demand is due to the fact it’s so keyword rich, so it’s guaranteed to rank at the top of Google search results due to the popularity of the search terms ‘car insurance’.

A2Z Domains also has exclusive ownership of another highly desirable car insurance domain, CarInsuranceSurry.co.uk, which would inevitably attract the majority of web traffic from people searching for car insurance in Surrey.

:rolleyes:

upload_2019-8-26_23-2-20.png

google keyword planner clearly shows that the key term 'Car Insurance' is more than twice as valuable as the term 'Insurance'
Purely as a matter of personal interest one may consider that the same is true of the .co.uk and .uk equivalents

Many thanks

Because it's more specific, "car insurance" is a niche of "insurance". Insurance is a broad match term, car insurance is exact match. If you wanted to target car insurance you wouldn't advertise under insurance. In fact, not many companies would likely include "insurance" as one of their main target keywords, it's too broad. It's always "something insurance", car insurance, home insurance, life insurance. Nobody goes to Google to type in "insurance", they're looking to insure "something"

EDIT: I say "nobody" clearly, some people do. But my guess is that it's people who don't know how to use Google.

View attachment 2458

google keyword planner clearly shows that the key term 'Car Insurance' is more than twice as valuable as the term 'Insurance'
Purely as a matter of personal interest one may consider that the same is true of the .co.uk and .uk equivalents

Many thanks

The CPC and the value of the domain is not an exact science for valuing a domain. Of course car insurance has more searches and has a higher CPC.

But it terms of what the most valuable domain is, then Insurance.co.uk is without any doubt "the daddy".

Last edited:
This article is just like the guy who pops up in the tabloids every so often selling the worlds most expensive number plate: 'F1' however he never actually sells it and it is just self promotion hopping one day somebody might be stupid enough to give him his asking price.

I've got ecoinsurance.uk at a fraction of that price if anyone is interested.;)

If I were building a business, I'd choose a branded domain. If I was building a car insurance business, I'd choose carinsurance.co.uk as a nice investment for type-in traffic and marketing. If I was a company who sold lots of insurance types, I'd have insurance.co.uk as my main domain.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom