Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Discussions.org.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by PaulGregory, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulGregory

PaulGregory Active Member

Picked this up recently. I quite like this one:

Discussions.org.uk

Yeah, I know it's an org.uk and doesn't have First Dibs On .UK and all that, but 'discussions' does fit with .org.uk in the here and now.

The .co.uk (reg 1999) is not really being used at the moment - it is offered by GetDotted for £1600.

I expect less than that for the .org.uk, naturally.

Sedo's magic suggestion price is £549. This would value it, on Sedo suggestions, between my .co.uk domains BritishRailways and HungryCaterpillar at £499 and £599. It's higher than other one-word .org.uk domains I have listed with them - Temper.org.uk suggested £299 and Dollhouse.org.uk £399.

Meanwhile, Valuate/Estibot reckons Discussions.org.uk is worth $15.

I know this Appraisals forum rarely actually talks about price, but I thought that if I threw some reference figures in here it might help value discussions.

On a wider point, am I best off DomainLore auctioning it, Sedoing it (as BIN or auction), or offering it here?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Don’t see it as commercially attractive, Cost of development etc would outweigh any likely return even for the co.uk hence it’s for sale and no buyer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PaulGregory

PaulGregory Active Member

Taken it to DomainLore in the hope someone finds it organisationally attractive. If no sale, I do have an idea myself that would work well on such a name.

5. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Nice to own if you want to keep and develop, No commercial/resale value

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.