Domain Manage

Distrusting Buyers

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by retired_member6, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member6

    retired_member6 Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,605
    Likes Received:
    29
    Is there a solution, the buyer only wants to pay £125 but I aint selling unless I get £200, she also wants the paperwork first before moving funds to me (which aint enough anyway) is there a quick solution because this is driving me mad. Can't do escrow.com as I'm in Romania and won't do sedo because as it is, they still aint got money from the buyer of the other domain.

    What's the solution as I'm about to call an end to it and say I give up I aint selling. I don't need this hassle for £125 sovs, she's barking.

    Cheers
    Lee
     
  2. Domain Forum

    Acorn Domains Elite Member

    Joined:
    1999
    Messages:
    Many
    Likes Received:
    Lots
     
  3. retired_member6

    retired_member6 Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,605
    Likes Received:
    29
    It's the second bugger that's tried the paperwork first angle, I didn't sell to them either, another £150 down the drain.

    Lee
     
  4. keys United Kingdom

    keys Well-Known Member Full Member

    Joined:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    1,304
    Likes Received:
    19
    It's tricky being an unknown seller (in the buyers eyes) for negotiation and the actual transfer process.

    When I started I used to send a copy of the transfer paperwork (unsigned) to buyer followed by the the original documents upon receipt of payment.

    If you have regular sales you can offer a referral from a recent customer (with their approval). If this is not acceptable then you are probably better off waiting for another buyer.

    I have never had any dealings with you but I would be confident of receiving a good service.
     
  5. retired_member6

    retired_member6 Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,605
    Likes Received:
    29
    I offered her references from previous sales, but she thinks she's an hard nosed business woman, probably is but as I need money I aint budging either as I'd rather need money than sell out my soul.

    Thanks for comments though, appreciated. I'll wind in my neck and try and find a solution, all this for £125, does she expect me to bill for overtime after? Maybe she thinks I'm on Romanian wages. £200, hardly breaks the bank does it, breaks mine...

    I sent one last email explaining everything and including another reference email, I aint being paid enough to work this much longer on it. For the first time in months I am actually working on something else and don't need the ag.

    Lee
     
  6. GWing

    GWing Retired Member

    Joined:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    290
    Likes Received:
    4
    Lee don't blame you bud for not doing paperwork upfront. I certainly wouldn't unless it was someone I knew.

    Do you think it's cause they see you in Romania or do they not get to know your current location?, i.e would they send payment upfront if they thought you were in the U.K

    They might have just been trying it on as well.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  7. retired_member6

    retired_member6 Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,605
    Likes Received:
    29
    Not sure, I've not had these problems before. Two since I moved here, none in the past. One even had a chartered accountant with the surname of Badcock, he may well have been a real person but there was no chance I was risking it haha so told them no sale.

    I did have a third but I just turned around and said, tell your client I aint mucking around with third party fee holders and a go between over a measly £100, you pay in BACS and that's it. Money is on its way. I think I'll lose this last sale, aint my fault, I've asked her if she'd send her goods without payment...

    Lee
     
  8. disruptive

    disruptive Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2006
    Posts:
    1,638
    Likes Received:
    10
    Lee, Ill act as a referee for you.

    Get them to contact me. Tell them that this is the way it works, money first, like ebay etc.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. diablo

    diablo Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    1,567
    Likes Received:
    28
    I think if the name is registered to you in the UK, but you want funds sent to Romania, it could set alarm bells ringing.

    You could offer to change nameservers for her - a sign of good faith and proof that you do indeed control the domain name.

    I'd trust you too for what it's worth ;)
     
  10. retired_member16

    retired_member16 Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    3,600
    Likes Received:
    45
    Are you asking here to transfer funds into a Romanian bank or send a cheque out there?

    If so, I wouldn't sell money out of the UK for a domain name.
     
  11. retired_member6

    retired_member6 Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,605
    Likes Received:
    29
    I'm English, I just live abroad. Nutter. BACS British account.

    Lee
     
  12. retired_member6

    retired_member6 Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,605
    Likes Received:
    29
    The buyer is going to take up references with Dougs on here (a most excellent buyer, dude - like Bill and Ted stupendous), and even that seemed an hardship for her.

    The buyer doesn't seem to understand why Dougs wants to buy my domains when some unrelated to his business and why two are still in my name (because he paid up front maybe?) oh well, I've asked her to tell me after if it was just a ploy, that she doesn't know how internet business is conducted or if it's because I'm abroad.

    It was to get a lower price, settled on her last offer of £140 as i'm busy with a new site but in reality it's an £100 domain so we both got what we wanted, only she'll feel happier because I talk too much. Where there's a will there's a way.

    Now to see if she'll pay the right amount, distrust breeds distrust as now I don't trust her, it's like someone who won't shake your hand hard enough, it's like, "hmmm can't trust this one..." oh well, negotiation now moves on to mumanddad.co.uk, had an enquiry Thursday night, see if I get a reply from that.

    Lee
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page