Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

diversity (britains got talent)

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by ribble-valley, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ribble-valley United Kingdom

ribble-valley Active Member

Hi everyone

'Diversty' won the BGT competition (fix) on TV. So I made a rush purchase on diversitytickets_com

Not sure if my susanboyletickets.net one is of use at the moment though !!!

I have already had some organic interest (probably scammers) but wanted ideas to help with the *quickest way* to monetise this domain.

Tools at my disposal...

1. promote on sedo at a cost

2. full blown cms site like ceilingfan.org.uk with info on them, embedded media, ebay ads, adsense - costs nothing, sandbox ready to upload

3. minisite adsense/ebay - already up (bar eBay ads)

4. try to sell directly to a ticket company - no experience but willing to give it a go

Your thoughts and feedback appreciated as always.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. ribble-valley United Kingdom

I've not had any feedback on here but then again Diversity really isn't the most exciting subject in the world. :O)

Decided to go the CMS route and installed some eBay listings for good measure. Will continue to develop the site and see what the future holds.

4. devolution

devolution Active Member

fixed-simon-cowpat.com still available ;)

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I would develop it and if Diversity start touring, that's when the site might start generating some significant revenue. As long as you are selling official merchandise through reliable channels, e.g. Amazon, then you are helping them along. Also, some of the major ticket agencies have affiliate programmes, so keep a watch to see if they ever have Diversity tickets.

Development is the best option at this stage, it will only strengthen your position if you have a developed site if you want to think about selling the name (and any site).

Rgds

6. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Regarding ticket sites selling Diversity tickets, on Ticketmaster you can search for Diversity and ATM it probably will say unavailable but will give you the option to have an e-mail alert as soon as they become available.

7. ribble-valley United Kingdom

Cheers everyone for the replies.

Accelerator, that's exactly what I'm going to do. First I'm taking a few days off as its my birthday on Saturday, could do with a rest to get over the shock of turning 34.

I'll update the thread with progress soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.