Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dmoz 3.0 released with New design

Reaction score
For those of you that still keep track of the open directory project you will notice AOL have recently launched the new responsive "dmoz 3.0". First glance it could be better but its certainly an improvement from what it was previously.

http://www.dmoz.org

I guess its first modification they have made after so many year.. good to see they are still alive.

It would be nice if they actually managed to get around to editing listings though!

It would be nice if they actually managed to get around to editing listings though!

When your talking about how many listings get flagged and require edits, need to be removed or approving new ones for the amount of editors is dwarfed in comparison, apply to be an editor to lighten the load on the other volunteers maybe.

Dmoz is a mostly con, a case of who you know that edits. Most of the editors have their own websites on relevant pages and reject or just ignore related competition. I see it time and time again.
But its great if you know a good editor that edits at dmoz , similar to buying facebook likes. Not about if somebody likes it or not, give them something and then they will like your page.
I recently complained to the bbc about steve right asking for likes on the bbc2 radio website in order to get a menion on sunday love songs. And to my astonishment they agreed and stoped him saying it.
But its the way the internet works unfortunatly, if you can get on dmoz go for it, but you may have to scratch somebodys back..

Ps, Im having a bad day, thats why im ranting...lol

I recently complained to the bbc about steve right asking for likes on the bbc2 radio website in order to get a menion on sunday love songs. And to my astonishment they agreed and stoped him saying it.

Life's that exciting is it :D

I've tried to add a site of mine about 5 times in the last 12 months I suppose with no luck.

Get to know the editor in the section you want the website listed, offer them something in return, ie a link or two to their own website then hey presto! top of the category page for that subject...simple.

I thought about that but I don't believe a link on there is worth much in return to be honest, not with nearly a hundred similar links on the same page.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom