Domain Manage

DNS Guru Needed

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by BeachLife, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeachLife United Kingdom

BeachLife Active Member

Hi,

Hoping someone here has the knowledge to help me out!

I'm trying to follow best practice for sending emails to customers from a website.

I have the site, hosted on www.domain.co.uk, on it's own IP address. The IP reverse maps to domain.co.uk. I have an SPF record on www.domain.co.uk that shows both gmail servers and the IP Address.

Some of the emails are being flagged by gmail as spam. When I run an SPF test it comes back with no dns record for domain.co.uk.

Should I set the reverse map on the IP Address to www.domain.co.uk, rather than domain.co.uk? I assumed it should not have the www. as emails go from sales@domain.co.uk, but that may be rather simplistic.

Alternatively, how do I ensure dns records for domain.co.uk, not just www.domain.co.uk (on 1&1!). I assume, again perhaps incorrectly, it is looking for an A record.

Thanks..

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Well-Known Member

SPF records are TXT records that start with 'v=spf1' and then the data for the actual record.

Mine for starworks.co.uk is:

v=spf1 include:eek:utlook.com ip4:85.13.223.134 ~all

as I use Office 365.

go to http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php, set the type to txt and enter the domain in the domain box.

If you don't see a record like the above, then you don't have the spf record configured correctly.

4. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Moderator Staff Member

Are you sending email from domain.com or www.domain.com? Your SPF needs to be on the (sub)domain you are sending email from

5. BeachLife United Kingdom

BeachLife Active Member

Thanks, my spf is of the same format.

I think this is where my confusion lies. The email address is mail@domain.co.uk. I'm using 1and1 and don't actually know where they apply the records. As it is 1and1 I'm having to wait a while to find out..

6. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

PM me the domain and I'll check all of the DNS for you.

7. redbird United Kingdom

redbird Well-Known Member

8. Dewlance

Dewlance New Member

I think your email header is creating a issue or gmail blacklisted your domain name.

Try to remove some code from your email header. same thing happened with me but I inform my customers to whitelist my email.

Sometimes I was able to get email when I remove few codes from header and change SPF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.