Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain of a company in administration transferred (illegally?)

The domains that I am monitoring were registered almost 20 years ago, and have been in limbo for more than 10 years. If betterforme terms were in force the Registrar(s) would simply transfer domains to themselves, but they cannot backdate terms.

I understand they have hired someone to clear the backlog. Perhaps the indifferent attitude of ICANN is causing embarassment and prompting action.

Actually they can change the terms retroactively. Companies do it all the time. Paraphrased, they use something like the below...

"Our terms and conditions have changed (link to 88 page document in 7 point font). If you disagree with our new terms and conditions, you have 28 days to stop using our service."

Actually they can change the terms retroactively.

I think it would be risky for a large corporation to apply recent terms to transactions completed 15 years ago. When their terms stated that they would /must cancel domains which are not renewed within time limits.

It is blatantly clear that they have retained domains, against ICANN rules, leaving false Registrant details, and the reason for their behaviour is financial gain. They now offer (on payment of more fees) a facility for Registrants to retrieve their .com domains even 15 years beyond renewal, it is a ridiculous situation.

I understand they have hired someone to clear the backlog.
If it's the same domain you were chasing 5 yrs ago, I see it is now transferred to a new registrant & parked.
"Updated Date: 25-may-2017"

"This domain has recently been listed in the marketplace. Please click here to inquire."

"We will review offers of $500 USD or more." o_O

Last edited:
Thanks @gimpydog that is very interesting

A quick look at New Ventures Services Corp. download list shows over 120k domains for sale. The one I was following is not yet on the list but is open to offers.

It is amusing that the Registrant of newvcorp.com is
Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

New Ventures Services Corp.
It's just a vehicle for all the web.com inventory - most of that which is listed I wouldn't take at reg fee, including the so-called 'tier 1' domains.

The document was authored by Eliott Fevens. He was/is an account manager for web.com, so it might be worth contacting him directly - if you want to do a deal without walking through the front door.;)

I was once told the contract they would have to write to sell me a domain would cost £1000 :| lol
I once had this after agreeing to purchase the domain for £300. Go figure.

Any of you guys who actually made a purchase from a liquidator/receiver/administrator mind naming the company ? maybe useful to know which companies are worth leaning on ?

Any of you guys who actually made a purchase from a liquidator/receiver/administrator mind naming the company ? maybe useful to know which companies are worth leaning on ?

I contacted the The Insolvency Service about a domain, they gave it to "Rosan & Company" which are some kind of auction house to sell, they sold it to a company associated with the old company the domain was registered to

Looking back at the emails they actually told me the amount it was sold for. I could have made a better offer but I felt it was too much

What rough value would you guys give "Branch" ?

What rough value would you guys give "Branch" ?

Haha, blast from the past, I spoke to the Insolvency Service and made them an offer on this one years ago - they came back with the Estibot value and I walked away. Don't have any exact numbers to hand though as it's all on paper filed away somewhere.

I've had some great buys from liquidators and administrators, many of which were in the paper transfer days. Some will just ignore you out of stupidity or ignorance but such is life - the key to success is to make it very easy for them.

Haha, blast from the past, I spoke to the Insolvency Service and made them an offer on this one years ago - they came back with the Estibot value and I walked away. Don't have any exact numbers to hand though as it's all on paper filed away somewhere.

Hehe I contacted them late 2013, the price they told me they were offered (which I assume they sold it for) wasn't a crazy amount.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom