Domain Manage

Domain Wanted Threads

Discussion in 'Forum News & Feedback' started by bensd, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Is anyone else tired of seeing new members drag up old wanted threads that are a few months old?

I know it says in the rules that members should update their thread, however I think mods should be able to lock the thread if it is not updated in 1/2 weeks.

Over the past week or so i have seen wanted threads being replied to that were started 2-4 months ago...

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

If there are certain threads you think need to be closed just pop over a PM to me, Paul, Admin or Fred and we will be happy to close them :)

Rich :cool:

4. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

I'm adding some code to close the wanted ads section now, give me a while and I'll report back.

After 30 days?

Admin

5. crabfoot United Kingdom

crabfoot Active Member

Well, it is the contradiction between the "shameless bump" and the "couldn't care less" -

Frankly, I'm disillusioned by the "fishing" for names practised by some members.

One in particular admitted recently, in another thread, that he was only looking for competitors to his existing names, with the implication that he would only buy the best names as cheaply as possible to remove that competition.

I've only been a member here for a couple of months, but I've already decided that advertisers in this section are "hungry sharks".

I have not had any responses to any of my replies. If I have suggested an idea, it has been taken up - but not with any donation to me.

Accordingly, I am very unlikely to respond to any ads in this section. It is only useful as a source of ideas to me, and probably so to the majority of members.

30 days? - three is probably enough, so we can get the idea.

You can get fed up of people that don't even have the courtesy to say "Thanks, but no thanks".

Don't delete them - lock them, so the idea stays public.

6. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

I have added some code to the site to automatically close any threads in the "Wanted Adverts" section after 7 days of inactivity.

Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.