Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domains Listed on Sedo But all set to "Make Offer" is this the wrong way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've got around 130 domain names on Sedo , all set to Make offer , am i doing this the wrong way ? would i increase my chances of selling by setting a price , or paying to push it towards the top of the catergory ?

Perhaps all the names are rubbish etc but i'd like to try and move a few on.

Ive got a few listed to start on Bido so hopefully that will move a few , i only listed around 14 with them , 6 have so far been voted for auction....fingers crossed.

Hi

All the domains we currently have up for sale on sedo are on 'make offer'. We've tried the fixed prices method but it's never produced much of a result - only seems to work when your selling price is way too cheap!

I think you'll find it hard to get regular offers on a portfolio of 131 domains as it's quite small and you'll have to be very patient. Going by our experience (and quite a nice portfolio) the total number of offers we might get in a whole year might equate to around 7-12% of the portfolio size i.e. on a portfolio of 1000 domains this may produce around 70 to 120 offers per annum (including timewasters and low ball offers). So if a portfolio size was just 100 then it might only produce 7 to 12 offers per annum. If the quality of the domains weren't good then it could be a lot less than this. I'd be interested to hear some stats from some other acorn domainers with decent sized portfolio's (i.e. Edwin) as I'm sure they might also have some rough stats to help you on this.

Of course the number of offers received could be increased by posting on forums, cheap offers and perhaps paying for a listing - but it seems better prices are often achieved when you're not desperate to sell and we haven't yet resorted to paying for listings. Again it would be interesting to hear if any acorn members have paid for listings with any success.

Hope this helps.

Nigel

Hi Nigel , yes patience seems to be the name of the game , since learning more about domain names , i've come to realise that although some of my domain names sound fairly cacthy , when put into googles adwords search they dont really say much to anyone thats searching , i know thats not the be all and end all , but my 131 domain names,i'd say 10-20 are worth keeping , i've listed a good few of them with bido.com and around 12 of them have been voted to goto auction , i've set a reserve and based on my reserves IF a big IF at that , if they reach the reserve prices then i'd be quite happy as it will pay nicely towards my original outlay for various names , i feel at the moment as if i'm driving with the headlights on in the dark which better than where i was when it came to domain name capitaliziation.

Fingers crossed , time will tell.

Thanks for the informative post Nigel.

I'd certainly be interested to know what others thoughts / experiences on this are.

You can improve your offers with a blog and a website pointing to them.

I keep meaning to put a blog up, and write a blog post a day about each name, and what could be done with it, what affiliates exist, exact match, etc, with a link to buy the name.

That way you can SEO your blog and the post, and pitch the sale for each name.

1 post per day about a domain isn't hard either, if you have time why not write a few ?

250-500 words about a domain and its potential use, of course fully loaded with aff links which means its a 2nd Tier comm and it sells too :)

Edit: I got the idea well knocking this one up http://www.phonerecycler.co.uk/, why not have that info on a blog post trying to hock the name as well as on the holding page, there is no reason why this wouldn't work if parked with sedo or anyone else, if done with a blog :)

thanks for the advice , can you reccomend a place to do mega quick setup with a blog and i'll have a bash at it.

Goto http://www.evohosting.co.uk use discount TWENTY for 20% off.

You get installatron, fantastico and something else I can't remember how to spell.

The yearly single domain package is £25ish quid for the year with the discount with free domain, and the multple domain is about £50ish with discount, so its worth getting the multiple domain package.

You can have a wordpress blog installed, and running in about 20 minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom