Domain Manage

Domains with 4 words

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by Systreg, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Hi, just wondering if it's worth registering .co.uk domain names where they have 4 words in the name, something like, iwalkthedog.co.uk

Is there any money in buying these domains, or is it not worth it, I did a forum search, but couldn't see anything about it, or should it be limited to 2 or 3 words at maximum, any advice?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

If the keyphrase is regularly searched for then it might be worth buying, but very generally speaking the fewer words a domain has the better. Top generics tend to be one or two word domains.

Rgds

4. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Hi Accelerator, thanks for the quick reply, I tried using a Google Adword keyword tool, but didn't really understand the output, it had loads of boxes, some green, some white, some a bit of both colours, to suggest that a word was searched for to some degree, but is said "no data" next to the boxes, so I'm still none the wiser with that keyword stuff :? anyone know a keyword tool that works better than the Google one?

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

6. macy

macy Member

I agree it depends on the keywords, if there are several number of searches for that long tail keyword then you could earn some money on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.