Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DRTProxy - any good?

Discussion in 'Domain Tools' started by atoklas, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atoklas

atoklas Member

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is using/has tried DRTProxy.com as a supply of proxies for using tools such as the Domain Research Tool.

I signed up a few days ago and so far it's been very bad, although that might be a problem at my end.

Anyway, if anyone's used DRTProxy please let me know what you think.

Also, if anyone knows of any good subsription services providing proxies, I am interested.

Cheers,
    Andy

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. gimpydog United Kingdom

gimpydog Active Member

Andy,

I am nearing the end of the "3 months free trial" with them. When the trial first started the lists were crap. Mostly dead or transparent. They improved a little, but there are so many people using them. They are virtually useless for things like Overture after an hour or so of being published.
    Thanks for reminding me to cancel my Paypal subscription before it becomes renewable.

Most of the free lists in the search engines suffer the same problems, so I would look at page 10 onwards, or try a smaller SE, or a trial subsciption at somewhere like Online proxy shop. Here you can buy tested proxy lists

Let us know if they are any good!

4. atoklas

atoklas Member

Hi Gimpydog,

thanks very much for your reply.

Is there anyone else with experience of drtproxy or other proxy sources?

5. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Also looking to fill DRT with some proxies? anyone know of any that you dont have to buy??

Thanks
    DB

6. redbird United Kingdom

redbird Well-Known Member

#

I've used them for couple of months and they have steadily got worse over last couple of weeks with the last few days in particular being almost useless.

I used to find about 80/90 usuable ones per day, this has now dropped to less than 10.

Dave

7. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I have a question relevant to this one.

Can anyone advise where to get decent proxy lists to use with DRT or do you pay for yours? if so who do you use?

Thanks in advance.

8. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

You can search for reliable paid proxies, but their range is generally limited. Expect to pay about £40/mo for a reasonably reliable tcp port proxy range of 256 IPs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.