Discussion in 'General Board' started by paulleahy, Jun 1, 2010.
Is anyone else going to the Dvla Auction tommorrow at Whittlebury Hall, Northamptonshire ?
You can bid online, so why leave the house?
1. You need to have registered to bid online well in advance.
2. Priority is given to opening bids in the room.
3. It's lot more fun to be there and get carried away and buy stuff you shouldn't
4. Their internet bidding has had problems in the past (down for several hours!) although last few times I used it it was OK, but wouldn't risk it for soemthing I really wanted.
5. You get to see some really nice cars (and their registrations) in the car park.
anyone got a link to a list of whats going up for auction ?
I was there today
I bought a reg for my car.....I am getting sad.
You need to be careful they are addictive just like domains, but not £5 a time!
Care to share what you bought?
only buying one
8's are lucky
Care to share what you paid? Did it go much over the 3k reserve?
a bit more
its public on the dvla site so
hope I am now more lucky.
Means it is worth more than the car
I think you should have gone for £8888
With all costs its £9,553.44
Doug did you stay to see what ESS 3X went for ?
Seems it was £5100. you can see all final prices at http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/home/en/Auction/catalogue/
Well it ws ESS 3X, but I guess that's what you meant.
TopMan you're right I should proof read before posting plus the end price of 888 B needs updating on the day sma screen said it sold for £7500 the price entered by humans it was on dvlas books at dougs price
And definitely before bidding !
Did you buy one yourself as you started the thread?
No the ones I want are on friday when i having deep root canal work in Cardiff
I confess to being a little addicted to plates too...
Bought WEB 80Y at DVLA auction a while back to add to the collection
Separate names with a comma.