Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

E-Bay iPhone earphones for almost £100?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just had to post this after I lifted my jaw off the ground! :eek:

A month ago I purchased two sets of iPhone earphones from a seller on E-Bay, all great, genuine stuff and excellent seller with good rep, etc. They cost me £5.99 each. All good.

Needed another pair so look today at the same seller as very happy with them before and the earphones are now listed at £99.00 each! :eek: :eek:

I e-mailed the seller to ask is this a mistake etc, he says:

Prices are correct and they will be adjusted back to previous prices as soon as we receive our new stocks.
What on earth?! Crazy! I don't think he'll be selling many at that price, lol! :lol: Flabbergasted!

GENUINE APPLE EARPHONES WITH REMOTE & MIC FOR IPHONE 4G
3 YEAR WARRANTY! SAME DAY 4PM 1ST CLASS POST! RRP: £20!

RRP £20, So lets put it up to £99! At least you get free P&P.

Probably meant to be £9.99 and he hasn't realised. Send him a reply asking if that's the case, and if it is to send you a free pair as a thank you. ;)

Alot of vendors do this with long term ads to stop people buying until restocked.

Especially its an ad where they have 500 of them, and it says Have Many, Sold 140, they don't want to pull the ad and have to change the URL and lose the previous sell info, so they put the price up while out of stock.

Edit: those earphones don't look very comfortable.

Alot of vendors do this with long term ads to stop people buying until restocked.

Especially its an ad where they have 500 of them, and it says Have Many, Sold 140, they don't want to pull the ad and have to change the URL and lose the previous sell info, so they put the price up while out of stock.

How do they keep there ads for so long? The longest I've seen is 30 days! Am I missing something?

RRP £20, So lets put it up to £99! At least you get free P&P.

Madness eh! LOL. :mrgreen:

Probably meant to be £9.99 and he hasn't realised. Send him a reply asking if that's the case, and if it is to send you a free pair as a thank you. ;)

Thanks wb - I originally sent him:

I bought two of these from you previously and was about to buy another pair.

Please tell me your listing price of £99.99 is incorrect?!! 100 quid?!!

So hopefully he hasn't misunderstood. :)

Ahhhhhhh, I see, I had wondered if the ad was changed to make it stay live or something. Why don't they just leave it and put out of stock, back in xx date or similar then perhaps? :)

The earpieces are OK, they're the standard iPhone ones - although thinking of getting something different actually - any recommendations? :) I tend to fall asleep with them on whilst listening to audiobooks (great fan of these) and sometimes I squash them on the pillow and they end up crackling, hence the replacements, lol. :D

I wouldn't ask me, I look like a knob in my head phones.

I have Monster Beats Pro by Dre, massive silver headphones with killer bass, They block out around 95% of the outside world so they are quite emersive. If you wanna look like a wally they are good. Previously I had the Sennheiser HD-25 which was very good but I felt the bass while punchy lacked real grunt. I like my bass thick and dirty (like a good blonde) to the point of making my brain swell, umm the blonde ref didn't work so well in the end :p

As previously said the price is adjusted just to allow the listing to stay live. This will save the seller a relisting fee when they do return to stock.

The seller has an eBay shop so the listings can be for 30 days max, if stock is still available then once the 30 days are up they will automatically relist for another 30 days at no extra charge.

Gary

once the 30 days are up they will automatically relist for another 30 days at no extra charge.
Slight correction in that the standard listing fee applies again for the next 30 days, though it is nothing compared to the final value fee upon sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom