Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

e-commerce regulations 2002

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by seanc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

i have received a complaint from the Trading Standards office regarding a domain and the contact information not beeing shown on a parked page.

is this anything to worry about?
    are sedo following the guidelines?

here is the email;
    Hi Sean,

We have received a complaint from a member of the public stating that the website does not comply with the e-commerce regulations 2002.

These regulations require certain contact information to be displayed on the site. I have included a guidance document that explains the requirements of the regulations.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

I had this a while back and ended up having a custom link on all my namedrive landing pages that displayed my name/address! It's not straight forward as you own the domain, the actual page is owned by the parking company and the content is supplied by google. Going by their logic, if you forwarded the domain to ebay they would expect your name/address to appear on Ebay becuase you are the domain owner - craziness!

After a few days of arguing I gave up as they were showing no sign of backing down! If you don't do what they say they have the power to fine you.

Grant

4. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.