Domain Manage

Easyspace Logic

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Aegean, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aegean

Aegean Active Member

I just thought you may like to see the reasoning contained in an Easyspace promo email I received this morning:

"Nine out the first 10 domain names registered were company names, but the Internet has changed dramatically with the advent of search engines. Nowadays, the most trafficked websites are those containing keywords.

Compare the search queries for the following term: Nike, Sport and Football. Despite Nike spending billions of dollars and years of effort in building global brand recognition, the generic terms get nearly three times as many search engine queries."

What complete rubbish.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Gosh, that is appalling. Not sure what is worse, the English or the complete lack of understanding of how the web works. A double 'nul points'.

4. Aegean

Aegean Active Member

I just thought for such a big company, are they trying to baffle customers with 'jargon' or did someone authorise the making up of facts to pump business?

They do have a point though. For example, despite DFS spending a lot of TV money on ads for their sofas, "girls with big kn****rs" is still a more popular term with search engines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.