Domain Manage

ebay

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by purg, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purg Ireland

purg Active Member

Anyone buy / sell uk domains on ebay?
    Just been looking but hardly any state anything regarding the nominet transfer fee.

Worth it or run for the hills?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. alex

alex Active Member

I haven't sold any UK domains, but I've sold a few others. There is generally very little worth looking at, but sometimes some come up. For the sake of a 10p insertion fee I think it is worth a try. Names such as minis.co.uk, phoneshop.co.uk and websitedesign.co.uk have appeared on eBay and I have heard stories of some being bought and sold at 10,000% profit margin, one mentioned on here, but I can't remember what it was.

4. stevo

stevo New Member

I have tried a few times to shift 18 domain names on ebay, it was pretty fruitless each time, I got one bite - but I think he was a "human appraisal" scammer who just seemed to be interested in only one thing, me getting an appraisal certificate (obviously) - he overweighed one of my domain names by $1000 to make me very interested, needless to say I took the scam (being niave) and he then disappeared after fleecing me of £50.

The moral here has to be "a lot of good advice comes from a lot of bad experience".

I'm not saying ebay is a scam not at all, but it's probably a waste of your time at the moment trying to sell domain names on there. Plus ebay is preyed on 'by' scammers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.