Domain Manage

eDirectory.com - Anyone Use It?

Discussion in 'Content Management Systems' started by Billy, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy

Billy Active Member

I bought a eDirectory.com Owned License for my new Australian Classifieds - Events -Articles site and guess what it cost me all up around $2500 USD.

It is a pretty good program, but the worst thing is if you need any changes done to your site via the source code, there are always big fees involved. i.e.

I cannot afford there ridiculous charges work on my site which I have not or wont pay.

My requested changes so far

1. $170 just to be able to get my articles section to display links in the articles.

2. $40 just to be able to change my business listing durations from 30 days to 90 days

3. $125 just to be able to change the size of an advertising box from 250x250 to 160x600 and the colour of the box from Black to White

4. New software upgrades have a fee which I expect would be no less that $1000

Other rediculous quotes I wont mention.

I also always ask how can I do the changes myself, and yet I am never told. I have basic knowledge of PHP and I know I could do these changes.

I think it is disgusting that you pay $2500, yet you still have to pay for basic changes at exhorbanent prices, when if the instructions weregiven to me, I could do it, I paid the $2500 to have full access to the Source Code.

Anyone else use edirectory? Check it out www.edirectory.com

Think Twice!

My Email to them!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. rob

rob Founding Member

Have a look at WSN Classifieds - PHP Classifieds Directory Software :)

Also was this post C+P'ed from DNforum as the links redirect via it?

I think edirectory had a stand at a domainer conference thus all the recent hype over it and people now finding hidden costs.

4. cvs United Kingdom

cvs Active Member

$2500 is on the high side for a php classified script especially as there are several others on the market for considerably less.

However, if you are not prepared to look through the source code (having already paid a small fortune for it) to see how the program functions, the charges for the changes you require are reasonable compared with the cost a php programmer would charge.

As you already have a basic knowledge of php AND you have paid for full access to the source code, install a local copy using xampp and look through the code. Change something and see how it affects the program - you've got nothing to lose.

5. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

6. ScottJ United Kingdom

ScottJ Well-Known Member

The charges are reasonable for time spent however I can see how they are a bitter pill to swallow after paying so much initially, perhaps you may have been better getting it custom built originally.

I have also bought a copy and had to change a few things even though I don't know PHP - the logo & Home button point to index.php rather than the URL and I edited the Adsense code. On the whole I have not found another script that can touch it for being pretty much the complete package.

7. rsteven

rsteven Active Member

you should have checked out phpmydirectory.com ;-)

8. arcasolutions

arcasolutions New Member

Response

Hello Billy,

Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We want to ensure that you not only have a positive experience, but we want you to walk away being happy with our product and services. Because we want to address your concerns, please contact our Project Manager directly at 703-914-0770. Alternatively, you can call us toll-free at 1-800-630-4694.

Thanks and we look forward to you call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.