Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

electricvehicle org

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by unclewilco, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclewilco United Kingdom

unclewilco Well-Known Member

had a few offers on org this recently.

I think it's worth more than a couple of hundred wot you think?

wilco

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. unclewilco United Kingdom

unclewilco Well-Known Member

Had a 1,500 USD offer should I bite....

4. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

yes i would take it..org's can be a stubborn domain to move

also i would move the name from the listing incase they look it up...this site gets crawled very often and can feature in google in minutes.....

5. fish United Kingdom

fish Well-Known Member

The question is how desperate are you for the cash?
    despite the xtn the name is v. nice
    personally for the offer $ I'd hold and/or develop

6. johnnyboy Moldova, Republic of

johnnyboy Active Member

Nice name. I would personally hold onto it until electric vehicles become mainstream, which I'm sure they will. You will probably then be able to command a higher figure. Anyone who approaches you with an offer obviously see the value or potential in it greater than what they are offering. But like fish said, it depends on how desperate you want the cash.

7. Domainate

Domainate Active Member

I'd personally say sell at $1,500. I do a lot of business in .org and from my perspective, this is what I see:

- A singular domain, which for something like this which would be more or less a product domain, is not good.
    - Your major buyers would likely be electric car companies, which if they were trying to SELL cars with it, would not be liking .org for that.
    - Specific tech-dependent, which may sound good now while electric cars may or may not become more popular, but if the everpresent wind or solar ever were to be used to efficiently power a car, bye bye electric. You don't have some of the richest companies in the world lobbying heabily for them like you do the oil companies with gas-powered cars.
    - "vehicle"...maybe it's just me but I rarely ever hear people SAY vehicle. I am in the US though so I suppose it could be different elsewhere. It is decently searched but electric car is searched 4 times as much, making it effectively a subpar term for a niche.

This is not to say it's a BAD name...I'm not at all surprised you got an offer of that size, but I practically make a living with my .org sales alone and have made bigger sales of worse names...the extension is a lot more powerful than most people give it credit for. However, from those things mentioned above, if it were my name, I would certainly take that offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.