Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_co_uk electroniccigarette & More...

Discussion in 'Domain Name Offers Invited' started by PositiveMedia, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PositiveMedia

PositiveMedia Active Member

I had a buyer for the below domains (as a portfolio), who just today pulled out due to being unable to release the funds.

I had paid out over £500 in solicitors contracts etc etc.

Offers Invited on the below domains individually or as a portfolio.

e-cig.org.uk
    e-cigarette.co.uk
    e-liquid.org.uk
    ecigarette-uk.co.uk
    ecigarette.org.uk
    ecigaretteblog.co.uk - Active Website.
    ecigarettereviews.org.uk
    electriccigarette.org.uk
    electriccigarette.co.uk
    electronic-cigarette.co.uk
    electroniccigarette.co.uk
    electroniccigarettereview.org.uk
    eliquid.org.uk
    smokelesscigarettes.org.uk

The domains are also for sale on SEDO and I reserve the right to pull any of them at any time.

Buyer pays nominet fees.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. DomainManagement

DomainManagement Active Member

Re your Domains/site`s Sale

i am very interested in you offer , but i am very confused :confused:

the domains listed,used to have sites on them , which makes them worth more

as they had good position`s too , and now they are one page for sale page,

this does not make much sense , did they get any type of Google ban ?

as this would obviously affect my offer

maybe you will be able to provide me with some re assurances

Best Wishes Steve

4. PositiveMedia

Hello Steve,

The reason the domains are for sale, and the sites are taken down is because "apparently" the product i was selling was infringing on someones patent.

I received a letter from a patent attorney stating that my product (made by the same manufacturer as most of the others on the UK market) was infringing this guys patent. To be fair, i to this day don't think it was, however I looked into fighting it and it would have cost me £xx,xxx to fight.

Strangely enough, the guy who stated this, and instructed the solicitor was the same person who sold www.electroniccigarette.co.uk to me about a month before. I would call that "entrapment" but again, weighing the costs up, i decided to pay the £2000 settlement fee for "damages" and agree to take down all sites and never sell electronic cigarettes "directly" or "indirectly" again. Case Closed!!!

Therefore, i had to take the e-commerce sites down, and put up the 1 page sites. Sure enough, the sites dropped due to no content.

I have all the paperwork to back this up, but wont be able to supply copies of this till 3rd Jan, as im in Lanzarote right now for xmas (lucky me) :D

I was in advanced negotiations with one of the companies who currently rank on page 1 of Google for "electronic cigarette" to buy the whole portfolio for £50k plus VAT, but today they advised me by email that they are unable to come up with the funds. again, I can prove correspondence (I could get all that for you as its via email) But i would ask you to sign an NDA if i was to show you that, and some kind of commitment, and i would probably have to scratch their name out (although no NDA was signed).

As far as Google ban is concerned, not that im aware of. They are all good exact matches, and should fly back up there with a little bit of indexing from Google. They had good content, and some very good links too.

With regards to the old sites etc:

All content on every site, page, product descriptions etc etc was 100% unique and cost quite a bit. I am happy to include the sites in the sale if you want. Again, wont be able to send these over till new year, and my designer is off till 3rd Jan, but can arrange for it all to go over then.

With regards to industry:

Im sure you know, its a massively growing industry, and NO PPC, NO AMAZON & NO EBAY. So the only way to get these online is through SEO sites & gift sites.

I ideally am looking for someone to buy the portfolio, but will consider selling individually.

As i mentioned, i was going to sell for £50,000 but have been let down, so am considering offers for the portfolio as near to that as possible.

Anything else anyone wants to know, then please let me know. I am happy to be transparent as long as people are not just "fishing" or "time wasting".

5. DomainManagement

DomainManagement Active Member

thanks

No Not fishing i am a serious person and i like to work out a deal

and the information you have stated would now lead to a serious concern

as it seems that if i buy one of the domains i could be liable to having to pay

a £2,000 fine and close my site down like you , so under the circumstances

i feel you must review you pricing as there is greater risk attached to the

purchase

thank you for your transparency

Best wishes steve

looking forward to your new prices

6. PositiveMedia

Steve,

I think you misunderstood me.

I was selling a product, that "apparently"was infringing on a patent.

I paid £2,000 to see that the matter was closed, and i have a letter from their patent attorney stating that the case is closed now.

If you buy the domains, they will not come to you unless you also infringe on their "patent". There are many different products / manufactures of electronic cigarettes in China, and other countries in the world that you could use, and potentially not infringe (but you would have to look into that in more detail, as i didn't). however there are literally hundreds of companies out there on the internet that are not in the situation i was in.

So as long as your not infringing, then you should be fine with nothing to worry about. But again, this is for you to do your own homework.

I am afraid im not going to reduce the price of the domains so that you can lower your risk of making money from them in terms of "patent infringement". The price I have been offered is £50,000 and i have said in the post, offers are invited, so if your interested, then make a serious offer, and we can go from there, but im not interested in dropping my pants on the price so someone can take a "punt".

Regards,

Ben.

7. PositiveMedia

8. PositiveMedia

last push on these till i take them off the market and develop blogs on them and sell links / advertising on them.

considering offers over £30k for the whole portfolio.

What a bargain!!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.