Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Email hosting reccomendations

Reaction score
My current email hosting with DomainMonster is a complete joke, there have been ongoing issues for quite some time (it's taking 24+ hours for emails sent to me to arrive) and their support don't seem to give much of a shit. Earlier in the year they were hit by a blacklisting issue which took around 2 weeks to resolve in which time i couldn't receive any emails at all! I potentially lost a lot of business in this time.

No updates from support and when i called they couldn't care less, engineers are on holiday, not a priority!

Can anyone recommend a good, affordable provider with 100% up time that i could use in conjunction with gmail?

Will i need to move my domain to the new provider to set up email hosting with them?

Google Apps for business : https://gsuite.google.com

Just requires MX records changed on your hosting/dns account, something like £3 a month per email address but probably cant get much more reliable than Google. Office 365 similar but not sure of the pricing.

Thanks Adam, looks good. So i'd just need to update the MX records in the domainmonster account? And this would no longer be affected by domainmonsters own issues?

Yeah basically it means pointing your mail services to Google rather than your current host, You can then setup your domain emails via Google App ( Gsuite ) and can access them like a gmail account or set them up in an email client ( like outlook or similar ).

The setup process is pretty self-explanatory when setting it up with Google and if you do get stuck they are more than happy to talk you through it over the phone.

The only downside is that all emails on that domain need to go through the suite, so you cant have one email address with Google and leave the rest with your host, you have to have all them with Google at £3 each ( or setup aliases )

If you use IMAP and store your emails on your current server, you can also migrate all of those to the new Google account too. Takes a bit of playing with but again they are more than happy to talk you through things if you get stuck.

Yeah basically it means pointing your mail services to Google rather than your current host, You can then setup your domain emails via Google App ( Gsuite ) and can access them like a gmail account or set them up in an email client ( like outlook or similar ).

The setup process is pretty self-explanatory when setting it up with Google and if you do get stuck they are more than happy to talk you through it over the phone.

The only downside is that all emails on that domain need to go through the suite, so you cant have one email address with Google and leave the rest with your host, you have to have all them with Google at £3 each ( or setup aliases )

Perfect, that sounds ideal for my needs. I only have and need one email address so that won't be an issue. They offer a free trial too so i'm going for it now as i really want my email to be working again! Thanks!

No prob's , Yes I dont think you pay until the end of the first month or two so you can get testing before commiting :) Good luck

All set up and working now, took 5 mins. Thanks again for the recommendation. £3 a year for no downtime is well worth it!

All set up and working now, took 5 mins. Thanks again for the recommendation. £3 a year for no downtime is well worth it!

It's £3 a month, not a year. Still worth it though.

I once had a problem with something, forget what exactly, but got a phone call within the hour to talk me through the solution.

It's £3 a month, not a year. Still worth it though.

I once had a problem with something, forget what exactly, but got a phone call within the hour to talk me through the solution.

Oops, yeah i meant £3 a month, and yes definitely worth it.

I really like Google GSuite, has worked perfectly for me after a bit of setup. Combined with DNSMadeSimple, it offers a great solution.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom