Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Emailing end users?

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by Ashton, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Friend just gave me a nice domain he was given a few years back which I am sure some big companies would like.

I do not want to phone any companies / speak to any marketing people. I don't sell things over the phone and have no experience of it. I would prefer to email.

Has anyone got any email templates / advice to use? If you share me yours I wont rip it and ill take inspiration and write a new one completely and send it to you for approval before I send it off.

I tried searching, didn't have much luck (lots of results on emailing people who have a domain you want, not many on end users)

Thank you, Ashton

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. mogulmedia

mogulmedia Active Member

You could try something like this:

To whom it concerns,

I am the owner of xxxxxx.co.uk, an domain name that is highly relevant to your business. I am going to list it on the Sedo.com marketplace for sale, but thought I would offer it to a few select businesses that might have an interest in it first.

Since your company is in the xxx business and this domain contains keywords that are highly relevant to your company, this domain seems like a perfect match for your company. [Obviously if it has keywords in it, if not try and find a relevance to their business]

I understand that you already have a website and domain name, though this would be an excellent additional domain to drive highly targeted traffic to your main site. I am now taking offers on this domain before listing it on Sedo.

Please contact me if you are interested in this domain.

Regards

First Name, Last Name
    Email
    Phone Number

4. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Thanks, nice one ;)

Ill tweak a bit and send it off :)

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

My own opinion is that a letter is better than an e-mail, as long as your domain is good enough. E-mails can easily get disregarded / not go to the right person. A letter gets given more importance.

Then, if you can bear it, follow up with a phone call a week or so later. You will get mixed responses, but as long as your domain is good enough you aren't wasting their time.

Rgds

6. chrisduggan United Kingdom

chrisduggan Active Member

A nice letter on premium business paper, come across more professional. Keep it friendly. Don't expect instant responses, brokering can take months of negotiation :)

7. mogulmedia

mogulmedia Active Member

Excellent advice. As soon as I have some domains worthy of this I will take that approach...

8. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

9. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys :) Letters sent, emails sent, the email suggestions Acc posted earlier have been implemented albeit slightly changed. Already a lot of interest.

Anyone know about starting bidding wars between companies? :/

10. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

A lot of interest on a Sunday? Thats good news.

I hate the weekends when it comes to 'domaining'

11. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Nah the interest came friday on the first small business I emailed! So for the 3 emails I sent on friday to really small business, all 3 were curious of the price, all 3 said it was good, 1 of them backed down due to marketing budget restraints and 2 made offers which I have responded to.

Not a bad start. Cant wait until the big guys get involved.

12. Brassneck United Kingdom

Brassneck Well-Known Member

Good return. Few times I tried manage to only sell about 1 in 10 domains.

If you would ever like to try to market any of mine for a very good commission let me know.

Cheers
    Stephen.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  13. mogulmedia

mogulmedia Active Member

No worries, hope it makes you lots of £ or ideas to write your own personal one!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.