Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Escrow help ?

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by retired_member32, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

how can you stop escrow charging you for premium and standard service at the same time,i got hit with this last time and a $25 intermediary fee also ?

[​IMG]

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. khuram4u

khuram4u Active Member

Which platform you talking about. are you about freelancer.com?

4. retired_member32

its ok there was a glitch in the system ,what usually happens is if you pay via wire-transfer you receive the standard service and most of the other payment systems result in higher fees via there premium service ,it has been resolved....still cost enough :rolleyes:

5. TranspactAc

TranspactAc Member

Out of interest, why on earth are you using Escrow.com, when you can use the escrow service affiliated with AcornDomains.co.uk (which runs on an FSA Authorised and Regulated Payment Service Provider) for much, much less, and with much greater flexibility ?

See it here: www.domainescrow.org.uk

And there are no intermediate fees or the like to add on for USD transactions !

The service also allows you to bespoke specify your own conditions for the transaction, giving you the possibility of enhanced protection.

Are there any reasons you would pay so much more to use Escrow.com ?

6. retired_member32

yes it was for the transfer of a .com ? which if I am right in saying is for uk domains served by Nominet ,if Alan decided to transfer international extensions i would happily use this service...

Regards

Mark

7. TranspactAc

TranspactAc Member

As far as I know (and I am fairly certain, as I have used the service for such successfully), Alan's service works well for all tld's, including .com's.

You just need to use correct and pertinent conditions for the tld concerned.

Alan / AcornDomains - can you confirm ?

8. wb

wb Well-Known Member

Judging by the Money Services Business registration number on the website, Alan's service uses Transpact so I'm sure you're right. ;)

I think the DomainEscrow.org.uk website needs to look more official and promote that it's authorised on the homepage, rather than having to read through the 'What is Escrow?' page and having to do a search for the number to find out which company it's using.

At the moment, it doesn't look secure and inspire confidence like an Escrow service should (that's meant to come across as constructive feedback, rather than a negative comment).

9. kgg

kgg New Member

The standard and premier fees are both shown so that you know that the fee will be depending on what payment method you choose, it does not mean you are getting charged both. Once you choose your payment method the correct fee will be shown.

A premier fee will be charged if you choose to pay by credit card or PayPal. These payment options have a limit up to $5,000.00

A standard fee will be charged if you choose to pay with Wire transfer or Check/money order. Checks and money orders will have a limit of $2,000.00 and are subject to a 10 business day bank hold, unless you get a Certified US Postal Order.

When sending a International Wire transfer an additional $25 will be added by Escrow.com to cover intermediary bank fees. Escrow.com does not charge that fee when the wire is sent from a domestic bank.

10. retired_member32

yes sorry for the confusion ,i was charged for both but was refunded the premium amount due to a technical fault ,the image was to show the two amounts in the control panel which i was charged ,sorry for the confusion

between my bank and escrow i paid in excess of £200 for the privelage :confused:

11. TranspactAc

TranspactAc Member

Wow,

And you would have paid just £48 ($75) or so using Alan's www.domainescrow.org.uk service, and have dealt through a UK based FSA Authorised company.

That's a saving of over £150 or over 75%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.