Domain Manage

Escrow Service UK pounds transaction help please.

Discussion in 'Selling Domain Names' started by justwondering, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justwondering United Kingdom

justwondering Active Member

Hi , I have a deal arranged for a .com domain name , the buyer is in France the price is £5k .

I did a search on Acorn and came up with some good leads....But I am a bit stuck :(

1) Sedo 3% , YEAH i thought great I know them and trust them enough to use them...THEN i contacted them Basically because the domain name is listed with them and even if I delete the name from the site , THEN i would be charged the full amount 15 % , EVEN though I found the buyer !!! NUTS

2) Escrowhill.com Hmmm I thought after reading a couple of threads...Lets give them a try....Doh they have been sold to another company ...http://aplegal.com/domain-name-escrow/ so i have contacted them and await a reply....but I am guessing fees might of changed and how they deal with GBP might be a pain...!! but time will tell.

3) Flippa escrow services , I read a few reviews on line , they seem to get a bit of a slating...SO not sure I want to go down that route , but happy to be convinced by other members on Acorn as to how good / bad they are....

4) HELP PLEASE can anyone offer more recommendations for a easy to use GBP pay out Escrow service

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. atlas Canada

atlas Well-Known Member

I've used both Transpact.com and eCop.com for this sort of situation.

4. justwondering United Kingdom

justwondering Active Member

Thank you Atlas , I shall look into them two companies :)

5. BG United Kingdom

BG Active Member

Escrow.com

Just use Escrow.com and work out the £ to $ conversion via xe.com e.g. £5,000 = $7,677 - Then round it off to say $7700 to cover the wire transfer to your bank.

Regards,
    Barry

6. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

Escrow.com would also allow your buyer to pay in Euros.

7. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

I have used Transpact a couple of times and have been amazed. Really great service and unbelievably cheap! On one occasion I called them about something and someone even picked up the phone...

I can't say enough good things about them and hope the service is the same for others as I have experienced.

8. foz

foz Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Be aware, xe.com rates differ significantly to the bank rates. A profitable area for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.