Evening!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by contentwriting, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. contentwriting

contentwriting Member

New here...

im more of a blogger and content writer than a domain guy so all this is new to me... but im always willing to learn!

Never sold a domain in my life, I have always let ones I didnt want anymore expire.... im sure you guys a gonna slap me round the head for that but have never really known what to do with em! dumb I know!

Im fairly handy with adsense on niche sites so if anyone needs any advice in that direction give me a shout! Although I dont claim to be an expert so prepared to learn also!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. cc976a

cc976a Well-Known Member

Welcome to Acorn!

If you want any info on buying and selling names it's a good place to start to learn.

Do you currently own any domains? If so it's generally customary to say what's your best and worst

4. contentwriting

contentwriting Member

thanks for that. Ive never really done any buying or selling of domains as such...

but probably my worst choice for a domain was hotelswithhottubinroom.org.... I kid you not lol...

5. Nick11380

Nick11380 Active Member

Was the .com taken?!

Welcome buddy :)

6. contentwriting

contentwriting Member

cheers mate!

Can you recommend any good threads I should read to help me get started?

Ta

7. Nick11380

Nick11380 Active Member

I would probably start by browsing around the forum and picking up things as you go. You'll quickly get to grips with what's worth something and what's not - of course the value of a domain is always up for debate but there are 'measurable' search benefits from exact match domains that you should read about if you're not already familiar.

A lot of people use blog.wordpress.com or blog.blogspot.co.uk which are great accessible platforms for writing, but if you don't already have your own domain then I would definitely recommend getting one. Setting up, managing, marketing and monetising a website is a great learning curve and the experience really helps for domaining even if you're only turning over a few pence a month.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  8. contentwriting

contentwriting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.