Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Ever decreasing circles for renewals?

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by TinkyWinky, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinkyWinky United States

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Quite a few of you may have received the new email from Nominet trying to find out why I have chosen not to renew a domain :

Interesting to see whether they bother to collate the responses - and even more interesting to see whether they share them with us all!

Are they losing money through less renewals? Using this to try and force through the .UK in the near future?

Does anyone have the latest report that shows the number of domains being renewed / total domains in ownership? Be interesting to see the overall situation as it is to date...

TW

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. DarkSky

DarkSky Active Member

I got that email for renewing domains, however as soon as i started the survey after the 2nd question I decided I couldn't be bothered. Questions with 10+ options require too much attention. Hopefully they are logging incomplete surveys too...

4. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

Did you see who you were giving the information to.

You have to smile, you couldn't think it up if you were writing the script to a farce.

5. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

There was a bit posted about this the other day starting with this post: http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/uk-do...s/115251-direct-uk-ongoing-14.html#post450068

No idea on renewal figures, but I cancelled another 27 domains last night, some of which weren't near renewal stage yet, I cancelled another 38 recently, I also renewed 31 other domains last night, but I have many more to cancel over the coming weeks and months.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  6. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Same here this morning; couldn't be arsed after a few questions to finish it, lol. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.