Domain Manage

Finding Buyers

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by riz77, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riz77 United Kingdom

riz77 Active Member

Most of my domain sales for .com, .net etc has been through people contacting me through the email listed in the whois database.

But in the case of my .co.uk domains I have witheld my address ( thinking about it now I believe it was a mistake since all of my details including phone number is listed in the whois database for my .com, .net, .org etc domains)

Can someone clear this up for me, since some people agree to list their address in the nominet whois database but the contact email is not listed. Does nominet not list contact emails even if someone opts in to have their details fully listed.

The reason for asking is that there is no way for someone to contact me if they wish to purchase any of my .co.uk domains, only my name is listed.

I have sold many .com, .net even .tv domains but have never sold a .co.uk domain because I could not be contacted plus I have not actually actively tried to sell any .co.uk domains until today.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

do you have sites on your domains? because they will be able to contact you via the contact details from the site(if you have one),if it is a parked domain then you should just add a simple mini site with contact details.

4. riz77 United Kingdom

riz77 Active Member

Some are parked others are not, most which are parked do not contain contact details.

5. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

If your UK domains are parked or monetised in some other way, you should not be hiding your WHOIS information as that is against Nominet rules for domains used commercially.

Your registrar should offer you an option to unmask the details and to change them so that you can set them as per your .COMs

Admin

6. riz77 United Kingdom

riz77 Active Member

I was not aware of this I will unmask all of my .co.uk domains as soon as possible.

7. riz77 United Kingdom

riz77 Active Member

I have made the necessary changes and the whois data for nominet is now not hidden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.