Domain Manage

firstforfootball

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by spooc, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooc

spooc New Member

Hi

Could someone please give me an idea of the saleability of firstforfootball.co.uk and firstforfootball.com. I bought .co.uk years ago and added .com last year. Not a great search term I know, but quite brandable? They are not developed. I'm new to selling domains tbh, just bought a few interesting ones along the way as pipe dreams. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Seeing that football is a very popular sport, then the traffic is there online, which means with (a lot of) work you can have a revenue generating site.

Your domain is quite brandable, but you don't own first4football, which could be an issue in achieving a good price. The issue with brandable domains is that no-one ever has to buy them, they can just think of another brand. It's also difficult to actively market them, because you can't state the same compelling case as for generics. That's not to say they don't sell, it's just much rarer to make the sale, so you have to have the right pricing model (high!) to make a brandable portfolio work.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.