Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Flipping Minisites anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying this out.

Currently I reg a domain, build a mini site and try to get an income from it.

I know some people flip sites and I'm wondering if it's going to be worthwhile giving it a shot.

What experience of flipping site have you guys had?

A worthwhile add on to domaining and site building

or

A pain in the backside trying to find and get an old site for a decent price.

Well I was hoping someone would come along and give me some real world advice.

I'll a different question.

I want to reinvest some of the cash I get from my affiliate sites.

I have £50 per month to invest, I'd like to get an income from it so I don't think buying and sitting on domains is the right option.

Should I

Try to flip sites?
Pay for articles [content writers] to raise the profile of my existing sites?
Carry on registering a building mini sites myself?

What you invest £50 per month on?

P

I'm finding sales very slow this year so I think you would struggle to flip many sites.

I'm sure a domain is more attractive to a buyer with an existing website and some history can it can only help but I don't see much selling unless you are thinking like DL where most sales are £30-£50 to domain traders?

I have an issue with mini-sites too, what's the purpose of them? - you build a mini-site to bring traffic and visitors when really you don't want people on your site, you want them to click-through your site to an affiliate link of some sort, as quickly as possible - so this was the beauty of a parking page, it was a route to a destination for the surfer, where as with a mini-site you become the destination.

I am thinking around that now....

Admin

Usually a minisite sells for it's monthly revenue x 12/24/36 months. so without one your not likely to make much unless it's a good name or a nice site.

I would suggest you improve/add to your existing sites and dev your names. Stop buying anymore unless you see a gem. Either say to yourself "i'm not going to buy another name until I sell one" or until my first site makes a constant £x-£xx per week/month.

Many on here start off amassing numerous names then you find they never get dev'd. Me included! Stick to quality and not quantity. Once you have a site making good money, invest in a good name or buy an underperfoming site.

And when you say minisite, what do you mean? a few pages of content or affiliate ads?

And when you say minisite, what do you mean? a few pages of content or affiliate ads?

I like to try mini sites with a few pages of content with some links to amazon.

http://www.homewaxing.co.uk

is my latest one.

I don't want to register loads domains and sit on them, I't would cost too much to renew them if they're just going to site there waiting to be developed.

I was thinking buying a site/domain with a bit of history might be better than registering from new.

P

I have an issue with mini-sites too, what's the purpose of them? - you build a mini-site to bring traffic and visitors when really you don't want people on your site, you want them to click-through your site to an affiliate link of some sort, as quickly as possible

Well that's it, you build a few pages of content in the hope of attracting visitors and with luck they'll go onto purchase something through an affiliate link.

I'm trying to add tool to the websites I have that will help the customer.

My laminate flooring site has a calculator for working out how many packs and I have a garden pond website that tells you what size liner you'll need for a pond.

p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom