Domain Manage

footballresults(dot)me(dot)uk

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by expertc, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expertc

expertc Well-Known Member

Site went into pre-production stage. Still waiting for two more advertisers to join. Meanwhile the design and business idea are finalised.

Need your valuable input :cool:

P.S. Not much text yet, treat as placeholders.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

erm, don't want to put a downer on this, but i think you need permission to post actual football results like premiership ones, much like fixtures, and a license costs thousands.

Dont hold me to that tho, it's def like that for putting which games are showing on which channel

4. expertc

Feed comes from FIFA, and I think FIFA should take care of the licensing ;) Widgets are FIFA branded and from official website fifa.com.

5. deanmain

deanmain Active Member

I think its fixtures that need permission......reporting something that has already happened is OK I believe.

6. Johnkitty

Johnkitty Member

This is not as what you think at all. But you'd better give it a try.

7. expertc

Another spammer. Mods, what about "Spammer bites the dust"? ;)

8. kendalcottages

kendalcottages Active Member

Yes, I'm not sure it applies to results either. It definintely applies to fixtures, though, so it's worth checking out.

9. stevebrowne

stevebrowne Active Member

be careful; I think it includes a collection of results. If you are using FIFA widgets, then in theroy, they will have a small number that might be allowable. It isn't (AFAIAA) permissable to maintain a database of results.

Have a search for Football DataCo , as it is they who license the fixtures etc.

I know that there is a certain amount of grey in the allowed/not-allowed margins...

10. boxerdog

boxerdog Well-Known Member

let me know if you want a link exchange, i have a few football sites getting roughly 4k visits a month ;)

11. expertc

Thanks for all your replies, people. Now I am a bit confused. I am not displaying fixtures. Just League Table and results. The thing is, I’ve decided to use FIFA widget (e.g. it is not even part of my website, but actually embedded FIFA page), but at the same time there are lots of much more advanced widgets available from, let’s say, BBC, football.co.uk, etc., etc. And I also couldn’t find any licensing info for displaying a widget on any website, on the contrary, they are strongly suggesting to display it. Confusing, huh? :confused: I don’t think FIFA or BBC have any licensing problems. For example I am using a World Cup 2010 page with FIFA feed, which is actually encouraged by FIFA itself. And I didn’t sign (digitally or literally) any license agreements to display the widget on commercial or non-commercial sites. Actually there is only one agreement that I can’t reverse-engineer FIFA software. Now I am lost! :sad: OK, the only thing I can say – I display FIFA website, let’s FIFA take care of it!

@boxerdog. Sure thing! When it goes live we can have a … productive chat. :cool:

Last edited: May 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.